ISIS - Wavering Radiant 2x12” Now Available For Pre-Order! (And Everything Else Discussion)

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Nah, I've had no problem with SSD.  I'd just much rather support Hydra Head or the band and end the day with a fancy variant in my hands.  Wouldn't blame you for bundling with a discount, especially if you didn't care about what colorway you ended up with.

oh you're talking to the variant king. I was just posting that one for the blacks. Plus i am delicately supporting HH like you mentioned.

9 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

oh you're talking to the variant king. I was just posting that one for the blacks. Plus i am delicately supporting HH like you mentioned.

That second sentence sounds really bad. More to the point, if anyone could guarantee me that the variant SSD would stock was definitely going to be black I would have already placed my order by now. I got stuck with grey marble for Live VI when I ordered blindly from Thrill Jockey. Still makes me sick to this day.

Little more info via Lambgoat

ISIS, one of heavy music's most influential artists of the past 20 years, release the seventh in their ongoing series of live albums with Live VII (Ipecac Recordings, March 31).

The collection will see a limited worldwide release of 3000 CD copies, 2000 vinyl copies (vinyl will be available at a later date) with an additional 600 made available exclusively to indie retailers. Pre-orders are available now via Ipecac's web store and Bandcamp. The nine-song set was recorded on Feb. 25, 2010, at The Corner hotel in Melbourne, Australia during the band's stint on the venerable Soundwave Festival. The band's own Aaron Harris mixed the album.

Live VII track list:

1. Hall of the Dead
2. Hand of the Host
3. Holy Tears
4. 20 Minutes / 40 Years
5. Ghost Key
6. Wills Dissolve
7. Threshold of Transformation
8. Carry
9. Celestial (The Tower)

The members of ISIS continue to push the boundaries of modern music with Aaron Harris working as a film and television composer for Methodic Doubt while continuing work with Palms alongside ISIS bandmates' Jeff Caxide and Bryant Clifford Meyer. Meyer also creates music under the Taiga moniker. Aaron Turner continues recording, releasing records and touring with numerous groups, most prominently Sumac and Mammifer. Mike Gallagher's Mustard Gas and Roses released their new album, Becoming, in late 2016

.http://lambgoat.com/news/27893/Isis-set-to-release-Live-VII

Indie exclusive is up at Bullmoose.  $29.99 and on clear vinyl.  Only $.01 short of free shipping  :lol:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24627282/isis-live-vii-clear-vinyl-indie-exclusive-ltd-to-600-copies-worldwide

Edit : They have 3.31 as the ship date

Edited by jonrawks

57 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Indie exclusive is up at Bullmoose.  $29.99 and on clear vinyl.  Only $.01 short of free shipping  :lol:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24627282/isis-live-vii-clear-vinyl-indie-exclusive-ltd-to-600-copies-worldwide

Edit : They have 3.31 as the ship date

I was just going to quote your prior post and respond with "So... Bull Moose?"  You beat me to it.  Thanks for the link.

I'm quite confident we'll be able to find clear copies in some euro indie stores, also I would expect new cool variants being announced on Monday, some sort of yellow is pretty obvious considering the variant range of previous releases in this live series.

Edited by bortx

Yeah but that text was added well after the fact of this topic's inception to conform to the direction of the discussion. I can't stand catch all threads. I like for each release to have its own that way its easier to find information about a release later when the threads have gone to page 345. Unless multiple titles are being reissued separately by the same label/manufacturer on the same date (i.e. current TBS reissue thread).

I had the /200 band limited edition in my cart this afternoon after they went live, and passed.  As much as I love Isis, I'm not in a position to drop $30 on another record I probably won't listen to that much.  If they had released a full track or 2 before, then yeah... maybe.  I don't love their other live stuff enough to justify it, although the triple gatefold with the artwork looks to be very satisfying!

48 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I had the /200 band limited edition in my cart this afternoon after they went live, and passed.  As much as I love Isis, I'm not in a position to drop $30 on another record I probably won't listen to that much.  If they had released a full track or 2 before, then yeah... maybe.  I don't love their other live stuff enough to justify it, although the triple gatefold with the artwork looks to be very satisfying!

I feel the same way. I used to collect anything and everything ISIS but I just don't listen to anything else besides the normal albums these days so I passed as well. 

Edited by morfiend

1 minute ago, morfiend said:

I feel the same way. I used to collect anything and everything ISIS but I just don't listen to anything else besides the normal albums these days so I passed as well. 

Yeah dude.  This was a tough one because the clip was very promising, and I really just wanted to get it so I could see the triple gatefold and listen to it once and then pass it off to someone else for cost.  but.....  it wasn't the responsible move at the moment, as much as i fucking wanted to have it. 

20 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah dude.  This was a tough one because the clip was very promising, and I really just wanted to get it so I could see the triple gatefold and listen to it once and then pass it off to someone else for cost.  but.....  it wasn't the responsible move at the moment, as much as i fucking wanted to have it. 

This is very curious. The one thing you said you wanted from ISIS the most was for them to play again and that probably won't happen again. So now that they're putting out a live album with a fucking killer set list, you're dragging your feet on it. If you grab it from Soundstagedirect.com you can get 20% off. Pretty much win/win. I'm not trying to call you out or be a dick but I find it weird that you're not digging this release more. It sounds like the LP will sound killer based on the preview.

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

This is very curious. The one thing you said you wanted from ISIS the most was for them to play again and that probably won't happen again. So now that they're putting out a live album with a fucking killer set list, you're dragging your feet on it. If you grab it from Soundstagedirect.com you can get 20% off. Pretty much win/win. I'm not trying to call you out or be a dick but I find it weird that you're not digging this release more. It sounds like the LP will sound killer based on the preview.

Oh, believe me... I want it.  It's more that I'm in school, and only work part-time, and have a lot of concerts and other things coming up that I need to save money for...  i'm looking ahead to April 1 when my car insurance comes due, so that's $340 or something that will come out of my bank account.  I teach some after-school classes and all the schools are off this week, so I have essentially no income this week.  I don't get paid when schools are closed.  So, shitty timing.  I know it was only $30 and I probably could have sold it for cost or more, but... i feared some buyer's remorse because I regret picking up the remastered Wavering Radiant, because it's super noisy. 

So yeah haha.  Can't wait to hear it digitally though!