ISIS - Wavering Radiant 2x12” Now Available For Pre-Order! (And Everything Else Discussion)

3 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

You aren't speculating - you're hammering home the same point that you wish they'd play live over and over and adding nothing to the conversation.  They aren't going to do it and no one on VC can give you any more insight than what you already know to be true.

Probably because everybody was pretty much just offering snide, biting remarks rather than saying "hey man i get what you're saying, and you have a valid point, but how about consider X, Y, and Z here?  That's probably what informed his decision"

Being a jerk about it and saying "dude fuck off just up" isn't constructive, and doesn't help me resolve my wish to have a little back-and-forth about it.  (not saying you, just in general, because that's what it feels like). 

Very interesting, the way people respond to things here sometimes.... haha. 

1 minute ago, Gumbo72203 said:

and doesn't help me resolve my wish to have a little back-and-forth about it. 

Just like Isis we're not in the business of granting your wishes.

We all get it though. Who doesn't want to see their favorite band play live? We just don't harp on that shit the way you do about everything.

3 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I mean, that's great for you...  but for myself, I'll still always be curious and want to know.  It's just the way I am.  I'm always hyper-curious about why people do the things they do, and what makes them arrive at their conclusions.  Because I like comparing it to my own cognition, it's so fascinating to me how 2 people can have utterly different takes on the same thing.  I can't not want to dig deeper and further uncover it.  It's interesting to me that others here aren't so inclined to want to get into their favorite artists' heads that way! 

I think its safe to say that this particular group of people on this discussion forum isn't as interested in going that deep down the rabbit hole as you are when comparing thoughts, cognition and motivations of the individuals who comprise the bands they like. Most people don't care to explore that. I don't have any problem with it but when you keep provoking a group of people to theorize and philosophize on the thought processes of why musicians aren't doing the very thing that YOU specifically want them to do, you're going to annoy that group by constantly posing the question after they've already indicated to you that they don't go that deep on the subject and don't care to begin exploring it the way you do.

I consider myself and empathetic person who does typically search inside himself for the motivations of the individuals he comes into contact with and I postulate the reasoning why people act the way they act. That's something I've always done pretty much automatically.  I think its obvious most people aren't interested in that discussion and you have sort of colored this topic with some level of antagonism that is difficult for some to ignore by calling the repress a cash-in because it wasn't a presentation of the music that YOU would prefer, which is specifically: live performance.

How hard is it to understand the vast difference between continuing to make available a piece of art that was created in the past, and asking 5 people who live in completely different parts of the country to get together to perform something that they created years ago when they were in a different period of their life? They're people, they have lives, they have various interests, and they create art differently today than they did 7 years ago, or probably even 7 months ago.

It's not unreasonable for someone to be incredibly proud of something they made or did in the past, and not be able to revisit those relationships or recreate that art. They're human. Respect that.

34 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

you have sort of colored this topic with some level of antagonism that is difficult for some to ignore by calling the repress a cash-in because it wasn't a presentation of the music that YOU would prefer, which is specifically: live performance.

Yeah I didn't intend to have that come off as me simply thinking it's a cash-in, it was more of playing a devil's advocate kinda thing where "well, you can keep releasing the records, so why not just play a few shows?"  I ordered the record anyway, haha.

The bulk of your post, however, is much appreciated.  That's the kind of stuff I love reading!  I guess I live in the rabbit hole, haha.  It's just utterly fascinating to me, and supplies me an endless well of wonder and curiosity. 

7 minutes ago, Sasan said:

I'd like to see The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix live...

Could you imagine?  Jimi Hendrix continues to blow me away every time I listen to him.  I get jaded a bit with him, and think "ah it's just Hendrix...." because you get so familiar and used to the magic, but then after a period of not listening to him, I go back and every time, without fail, it's like "Good grief.....  this guy was fucking incredible!"

Here's a question though, for the topic:  Which song(s) do you think will benefit THE MOST from the remaster?  I don't even know if I have an answer...

On 12/15/2016 at 0:02 PM, MicLima said:

Is this still a viable pre-order?

https://hydrahead.merchtable.com/music/vinyl/pre-order-isis-wavering-radiant-vinyl-2xlp-ships-late-january-2017#.WFL2HeYrJhE

I imagine it would be, just noticed it had been removed from the original post.

130 left

On 12/15/2016 at 3:41 PM, jhulud said:

Yes. It's still good. This current thread is actually a second one started by the label itself, Robotic Empire, as it's their release. That one in the HH webstore is the color/variant exclusive for the band and HH and thusly in HH's webstore.

On 12/16/2016 at 5:13 PM, ethereal said:

130 left

Thanks guys.

On another note, I emailed Robotic Empire about their splatter variants to see what exactly the combination would be.  Will update when I hear back.

1 hour ago, seku said:

Haha, I totally though it would be black vinyl w/ white splatter and blue vinyl w/white splatter, not the clear ones with colourful splatters.

Black w/ white would match US cover so well.. anyway, seems like we'll get three matching splatters on clear.

I thought so too. You beat me to it. It actually put me off as well. I remember Converge put out a black vinyl with white splatter recently and it didn't look particularly nice.

https://www.discogs.com/Converge-You-Fail-Me/release/8700333

Edited by nick69

Also, I'm realizing that when MicLima Emailed me about the clarification on the colored vinyl I was 100% out of my mind dealing with order madness.  I incorrectly stated that the Robotic Empire variants would be on clear vinyl.  They are as follows: Royal Blue vinyl with white splatter & Black vinyl with White Splatter.  Super sorry about the confusion there.

1 hour ago, roboticempire said:

Also, I'm realizing that when MicLima Emailed me about the clarification on the colored vinyl I was 100% out of my mind dealing with order madness.  I incorrectly stated that the Robotic Empire variants would be on clear vinyl.  They are as follows: Royal Blue vinyl with white splatter & Black vinyl with White Splatter.  Super sorry about the confusion there.

::cue the cancellation of all VC blue and black orders::

17 hours ago, roboticempire said:

Ha - so I was right with my understanding! :)