ISIS - Wavering Radiant 2x12” Now Available For Pre-Order! (And Everything Else Discussion)

53 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I've never picked up any of their prior live albums, but something tells me I'm going to want to check that one out.

They're pretty good....  i have the one with their jammed out version of Celestial, after Justin's remix caused them to incorporate his ending into their version.  Live IV maybe...

This is a show from Australia on the Wavering Radiant tour.  Hall of the Dead, Hand of the Host, Holy Tears, 20mins/40 years, Ghost Key, Wills Dissolve, Threshold of Transformation, Carry, Celestial. 

Will be cool to get SBD audio of those Wavering Radiant songs....   REALLLLLLLY looking forward to what they did with this version of Celestial.  I was just listening to a 2007 bootleg on youtube from Philly and the version from that show is absolutely celestial-sounding.  Beautiful stuff. 

10 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I'll happily pick up a new live ISIS release, but I do think it's funny that the number of live albums have surpassed the number of studio albums.  They're approaching Phish territory here :lol:  All joking aside, I do mostly enjoy the live LPs.

There's a reason they're my 2 favorite bands!!!  If only Isis jammed more....  could you imagine what they could do with the middle of False Light, Holy Tears, or the 2nd jam section of Ghost Key (with the high-hat beat, not the sick bass riff part).  So much potential!

The endings of Celestial always get super good though. 

19 hours ago, jonrawks said:

For those who may have missed out in the past, Hydra Head posted that they'll be repressing Mosquito Control and OMG - Seminar II/III in 2017.

Getting all of these and the Cave In Perfect Pitch Black reissue for certain. Still waiting on hydrahead to do the decent thing and reissue both Zozobra albums. NEED THEM BAD

11 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah there's tons of copies of that around.... and it's already been remastered once.  a second remaster is absolutely unnecessary for that release... it already sounds badass. 

There  are currently 6 copies of Mosquito Control on discogs and 0 on eBay. There are probably more than 6 people who would like to buy a fresh new copy of that EP in the world. Its good that its being repressed.

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Getting all of these and the Cave In Perfect Pitch Black reissue for certain. Still waiting on hydrahead to do the decent thing and reissue both Zozobra albums. NEED THEM BAD

I have an OP of Perfect Pitch Black, but that 7" that's coming with it has me interested.  Don't know if I'll jump if it's live/demo stuff, but who knows.  I do agree about the Zozobra albums.  They're both dynamite and are long overdue for a reissue!

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

There  are currently 6 copies of Mosquito Control on discogs and 0 on eBay. There are probably more than 6 people who would like to buy a fresh new copy of that EP in the world. Its good that its being repressed.

wow what, really?  Holy cow, you're right.  I got my copy maybe a year or 2 ago off ebay for only like $12...   I look at the CDs regularly too because I want to get copies of both the remaster, which I have on vinyl, and the original mix, which is what I think I downloaded ages ago off Napster when I was in 9th or 10th grade.  That's so weird how now there aren't any now....  i always had the impression that the vinyl was everywhere. 

The Red Sea had typically been available in many different presses up until pretty recently and there were even copies left from earlier pressings when they did a repress around 2012 or 2013 which caused me to question why they even repressed it as it seemed like they couldn't move the copies that already existed. Mosquito Control however had been one of the more rare EP's from them even back in 2010 when I scored my first copy of it. I managed to score another one in 2011 for about $12 on eBay too. Anomalies like that will occur. Its a great EP. I'm glad there will be more around. And as expected from me I will express the sentiment of "I hope they press a black variant" because I would totally buy that granted its not some overpriced HH reissue. Pelican's recent City of Echoes HH reissue was a 2xLP and was a phenomenal price of between $18 and $24 depending on the vendor. Plus its an awesome press. And also to be expected, I located a black variant of that as well.

BLACK VINYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111ONE!!!!!!!!1!(*383@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol i always go for colored because it's more of a piece of art to me.  Some records I have on black and are fine though.  I think my Mosquito Control is black.... i can't even remember. 

Life Under The Swatter though, man.  The bridge riff in that song is what I think hooked me on Isis forever when I first heard them, that "duh-nuh nuh-nuh DAH DUN DAHHHH" part.  I know Glisten, CFT, Life Under The Swatter, and Collapse and Crush were the first songs I ever heard of theirs.  This was maybe 2001, just before Oceanic came out.  So swampy, so heavy, but so ethereal and atmospheric in a really unique way.  So enticing and enthralling. 

On 12/25/2016 at 8:09 PM, Derek™ said:

I've never picked up any of their prior live albums, but something tells me I'm going to want to check that one out.

Live V is my personal favorite, getting to hear the one time they played 'Oceanic' in full is tough to beat.  

Really looking forward to the new one, awesome setlist!