PO Now: Darkest Hour - Godless Prophets & The Migrant Flora

Recorded at God City, Coming out on Southern Lord.. here's hoping for that record we all wanted since after deliver us

Hey Kris Norris is even on this for a bit :D

Comes out in March.

If you didn't get in on the indie go-go campaign thingy, There's White /500 ($16), Black ($14) and picture disc /1000 ($17.50)

3000x3000pxDarkestHour-resize-450x450-58

Tracklist:
Knife in the Safe Room
This is the Truth
Timeless Numbers
None of This is the Truth
The Flesh & The Flowers of Death
Those who Survived
Another Headless Ruler of the Used
Widowed
Enter Oblivion
The Last of the Monuments
In the Name of Us All
Beneath it Sleeps

http://www.southernlord.com/releases/view/godless-prophets-and-the-migrant-flora

Edited by roadmonkey

34 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

cautiously optimistic this doesnt suck since kurt ballou and southern lord are involved in the release - but that last record was truly atrocious. 

agreed

Then again... sumerian had a heavy hand in that I feel

Edited by roadmonkey

Intrigued but I'll likely wait till it's out to make a decision. That last album was terrifyingly awful. The DH catalog has been quite the roller-coaster beginning with Deliver Us. Absolutely loved Human Romance, but couldn't stand either The Eternal Return or the S/T through Sumerian.

Picked up a white variant, the details of God City, Southern Lord and Kris Norris have me sold. I'm glad I wasn't alone in disliking their S/T album. Man, this band has really become an afterthought to me unfortunately. I remember them on Sounds of the Underground 2007 as a 16 year old kid. I recognized 'Sound The Surrender' from Headbanger's Ball but everything else was new to me. After seeing their set, immediately bought a copy of Deliver Us from their merch table.

Edited by Out Of Time

I used to be a really big fan of this band during the undoing ruin/deliver us era, but the band changed so much I could never really get into anything past that. The new song is a ripper, though I hope the rest is a bit more melodic since that tends to be one of my favorite qualities about this band. Will order when I get some extra cash.

22 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I saw them like 4 times touring on Undoing Ruin. Album is so good.

Undoing Ruin and the first iPod Nano came out around the same time. Did a looooooot of skateboarding while listening to that album due to that. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

• 3 weeks later...