International Shipping LP?

Am i missing something?  2 orders came in on Discogs 1 france and 1 london.

London ended up being $76 usps and $105 fedex, sent that USPS by buyers request. A record mailer inside another slightly larger box was under 4lbs tracked and insured.

France wanted fedex and is $136 vs $85 usps...... waiting on the buyer to get back to me.

Is this normal seems insane to me

I sell to Europeans/Canadians/Australians pretty often via Discogs and don't think anything has cost over $30 to ship via USPS International First Class. This includes shipping and tracking. 

Price check it here - https://ircalc.usps.com/

If it is cheaper you can purchase/print out the label/custom form from home and just drop it in a blue mailbox like you would any other package. Bada bing bada boom. 

4 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I sell to Europeans/Canadians/Australians pretty often via Discogs and don't think anything has cost over $30 to ship via USPS International First Class. This includes shipping and tracking. 

Price check it here - https://ircalc.usps.com/

If it is cheaper you can purchase/print out the label/custom form from home and just drop it in a blue mailbox like you would any other package. Bada bing bada boom. 

i dont think internashy first class has tracking

was this

5 hours ago, afireinside7444 said:

London ended up being $76 usps and $105 fedex 

meaning these amounts were due on delivery or the invoice on discogs were asking for these shipping quotes?

a friend recently received an LP from denmark and had a tacked on charge of roughly $40 due on receipt (record was $50 and shipping was a standard amount, like $15, both of which were paid via invoice)

it could be that there was a change in customs/import fee's with USPS that wasn't announced properly..

Not sure exactly if more will be due on receipt. For him I hope not how insane the $76 was......

The France one the buyer wants me to declare it at $20 I assume for customs. He is assuring me that will be fine and has not lost anything via UPS or Fedex. He is insisting not using USPS for some reason though its about half the cost and he already sent me the extra $117 for shipping crazy..... Must really want it.

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

French postal service sucks

If it's over 4 pounds it has to go priority international but I still think your pricing is way off 

Its under 4 lbs. 13x13x1 LP mailer and under 2lbs. Shipped to him in france using UPS.com it was $136.00. Inside another larger outer box for added protection 16x14x4 just at 3lb was $171..... I feel bad like im ripping him off. Hes glad to pay me the full $136 without question. Im just trying all Avenues for him. He is flat out refusing USPS as someone said Frances post is horrid he would rather pay 2.25 times more for UPS/Fedex. Sounds crazy to me id tell the seller to piss off, im just used to $5 domestic media mail. He sent me the money so looks like ill go UPS

Throwing in my two cents on shipping US --> Germany

Those prices seem ridiculous. USPS is usually something between $20-30. Of course you've got the much faster service using UPS, DHL or FedEx; but you've got to pay the price...

I've been buying records from the US using USPS First Class International for almost 10 years now. No tracking, but I've never had any issues (except delays due to slow customs processing...)

For some high value items I chose USPS Priority International just for the sake of tracking; also, no issues, yet.

My experience of  items tracked from the US to the UK, is that on the couple of occasions I have been given a tracking number, is that the Royal Mail site doesn't recognise them. I received the items OK but the RM never asked for a signature and simply delivered them.  Whether they could track them if they actually went missing I suppose is another question.

4 hours ago, xtobi-wanx said:

Throwing in my two cents on shipping US --> Germany

Those prices seem ridiculous.

I fully agree. Ive been trying to get him to do USPS but he flat refused and paid me the $136. Ive done my due diligence I priced all carriers a few different ways  to try and figure this to be cheaper (even after he said not to worry and paid me the money)  I just wanted to get it lower and refund him some difference.

I did get USPS as low as $25 no insurance and $61 with insurance, and he declined. So Im doing what the buyer wants!

Thanks all good insight in here

Yes he gifted the extra shipping amount i dident even have to ask him he just did it. 

And the initial sale is normal paypal w fees.

But the purchase is seller protected and i paid the shipping UPS through paypal so incase he would try to file a claim its tracked and PP can see if it was delivered. 

Also its being delivered to his business a art gallery in France and all that info and phone number are all on paypal (and he sent separate in discogs messages confirming all of that) 

And he has positive reviews on Discogs

Edited by afireinside7444

18 hours ago, afireinside7444 said:

I fully agree. Ive been trying to get him to do USPS but he flat refused and paid me the $136. Ive done my due diligence I priced all carriers a few different ways  to try and figure this to be cheaper (even after he said not to worry and paid me the money)  I just wanted to get it lower and refund him some difference.

I did get USPS as low as $25 no insurance and $61 with insurance, and he declined. So Im doing what the buyer wants!

Thanks all good insight in here

Maybe we should start talking about the records he ordered.

Was it a "Chung King Can Suck It" for $5000 ? Maybe then, $100 in shipping doesn't make a difference anymore...

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:45 AM, afireinside7444 said:

Its under 4 lbs. 13x13x1 LP mailer and under 2lbs. Shipped to him in france using UPS.com it was $136.00. Inside another larger outer box for added protection 16x14x4 just at 3lb was $171..... I feel bad like im ripping him off. Hes glad to pay me the full $136 without question. Im just trying all Avenues for him. He is flat out refusing USPS as someone said Frances post is horrid he would rather pay 2.25 times more for UPS/Fedex. Sounds crazy to me id tell the seller to piss off, im just used to $5 domestic media mail. He sent me the money so looks like ill go UPS

as a french buyer i must say That i totally agree about the post office sucking... Not too long ago (This monday) they lost a record i order from Amazon France 2 days ago and still pretends it has been delivered....But unfotunately fedex and ups are no better. Dhl is the only one i never had issues with.

usps custom tracking is 3 times out of 4 available in France...