PO Now: Minus the Bear - Voids

10 hours ago, Codyoster said:

I haven't listened to this album, but Im probably gonna go see to this tour on sunday by myself just to see Beach Slang, someone should let me know if they are playing a 30 or 45 minute opening set. Thanks! (And if MTB play a lot of early material cause then I might stay for the whole show)

honestly even the IO material is a lot more fun live, I saw them tour that at the sheep and thoroughly enjoyed myself even though I jump off after POI

6 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

MTB is dope live, crazy guitar and pedal action.

Besides, if you plan on skipping lame material you should leave 12 minutes into Beach Slang's set since they only have 4-5 good songs ;)

Ohhhhh shit, shots fired!

But really, at Fun Fun Fun one year I was watching Minus The Bear and was bored off my ass until I heard that The Bouncing Souls were playing. I still dig Minus The Bear, Beach Slang kick ass live,  and I just got a discount code for $5 off the show this coming week.

On 3/8/2017 at 8:11 AM, Shitty Rambo said:

MTB is dope live, crazy guitar and pedal action.

Besides, if you plan on skipping lame material you should leave 12 minutes into Beach Slang's set since they only have 4-5 good songs ;)

And even those 4-5 songs sound the same

4 hours ago, andysrobbins said:

saw MTB in Denver last night and they were fucking PERFECT. great setlist. also, they have electric blue on tour with them in case anyone else missed out on the preorder. I ended up snagging a VOIDS tour poster and it is now hanging nicely in my kitchen.

I went last night as I used one of my punch card entries.

I thought the setlist was weak. 80 percent of it was from last 3 albums

13 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

I thought the setlist was weak. 80 percent of it was from last 3 albums

I think that's why I liked the setlist so much. I think everything before Planet Of Ice is pretty boring. 

Funny story: I thought Minus The Bear during pre-Menos el Oso days was one of the worst live bands ever. So boring, no energy live. And now 10+ years later, they are one of the tightest, most fun live bands I have ever seen. Progression, man.