Fear Before The March of Flames - The Always Open Mouth, Repress 4/2017

11 hours ago, EquinoxDesignLab said:

I saw them back in '07 at El Corazon here in Seattle with 65daysofstatic and what was supposed to be This Will Destroy You, but they couldn't make it due to getting in accident. What made it even crazier was their frontman David had been stabbed in the cheek via the bass players fresh excess strings coming off his headstock the night before. Only played for like 25 min but it was super intense bloody rag to the face and all.

Same tour for me, but Fear Before opened for BTBAM here. David looked fucked at the date I caught. I bought a copy of Art Damage on CD from him, and he said "Don't buy this shit" and would only sell it to me after I convinced him I bought TAOM on release day. And it was my 18th birthday so it'll always be so memorable, 

Goddamn, they were incredible live. 

I saw them like 3-4 times between 05-08. They opened for Thursday twice, I think, and they opened for Circa Survive on their On Letting Go tour. They were definitely fun live. I can think of at least 4 other shows they played that I didn't go to though. They were always playing here.

I helped some band called The Blackout Pact jump their van down the street from the venue so they guestlisted me for the Chiodos/FBTMOF show they were opening but I didn't go.

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I saw them like 3-4 times between 05-08. They opened for Thursday twice, I think, and they opened for Circa Survive on their On Letting Go tour. They were definitely fun live. I can think of at least 4 other shows they played that I didn't go to though. They were always playing here.

I helped some band called The Blackout Pact jump their van down the street from the venue so they guestlisted me for the Chiodos/FBTMOF show they were opening but I didn't go.

I saw The Blackout Pact once, I really dug those guys. The singer, Mike, passed away recently.

17 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I saw The Blackout Pact once, I really dug those guys. The singer, Mike, passed away recently.

Oh shit, that's a bummer. They were really nice.

A grouchy middle aged woman came into the Eckerd I worked at and said "EXCUSE ME! There are some sketchy looking hoodlums bothering your customers in the parking lot!" So I looked outside and saw a van with a trailer and some skinny tattooed dudes. Went out like "Hey, you guys looking for Winners?" They said "Yeah, but we also need a jump. I think something is wrong with our battery"  People had been ignoring them for like half an hour. I went to the manager like "Hey, someone needs a jump and my cables are too rusted" so she let me take some off the shelf. Then she went out and apologized for our customers being rude to them. I shot the shit with them for awhile. They guestlisted me and offered to guest list any employee who wanted to go. I would have gone but my shift ended after their set.

Same job I made passport photos for Underoath to use on their warped tour lanyards in 05. They guestlisted me to their show with....FBTMOF down the road, but I also didn't go. Everyone in Underoath was cool except Cokey McCokehead the vocalist.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

I was actually pretty disappointed in their s/t. Something was off. There are still some great tracks on there, but I think I just had far too great of expectations after TAOM - which is one of my all time favorite records. 

Soeaking of, I actually have a poster from that record release show. It looks awesome. 

32 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

i remember when this album originally came out on EVR. a lot of people really didnt like it but ive always thought it was the best thing this band did. also, nobody gave a shit about the original vinyl release on VC/SH. funny how an albums reception evolves over time. 

I think a lot of the vinyl interest comes with the time it was released. I was 17 when this came out and didn't give a fuck about vinyl but I bought every CD I could. Now that we've gotten older and started collecting records, all our favorite shit from high school is OOP. 

I absolutely love that this record is being discussed right now. It's always been one of my favorites, and @danoise and I talk about it quite regularly.

Get stoned and listen to Mouth. It's fucking perfect.  

13 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I think a lot of the vinyl interest comes with the time it was released. I was 17 when this came out and didn't give a fuck about vinyl but I bought every CD I could. Now that we've gotten older and started collecting records, all our favorite shit from high school is OOP. 

Absolutely.... I remember when Underoath released the 2x10" box set and it was like $40. I was 16 probably and was about to get it even though I didn't have a working record player. Now you can't get it for $200. 

Also remember when Thrice released the Alchemy Index 4xLP and it was affordable. Now you can't get it and it will probably never get repressed...