Good things that happened to you, 2016 edition

+ New state job making the most I've ever made (still stupidly low compared to my professional friends)
+ Had some sex with a dream girl
+ Got a new-to-me car
+ Found lots of cool records
+ Sold a rare Brazilian jazz record on ebay for $800. I bought it for $2.12 w/ tax

2016 was full of amazing experiences for me.

- Went to London, Munich, Zurich, Amsterdam & Glasgow

- Went to Moscow & Vienna

- Went to Bangkok & Tokyo

- Went to Fest for the first time

- Went to Nashville, Denver, Chicago, Orlando, Austin, Boston, Pittsburgh

- Went to 210 concerts

- Knocked off my two concert bucket list venues (Red Rocks & Cumberland Caverns)

- Got 4 tattoos

Don't let me down, 2017

1 hour ago, birdwell said:

had my birthday dinner at Husk in Nashville....it was great, that's all, it's not super fancy, but it is super good

Wish I would've known that when I was there a month ago. We ate at Burger Up and I wasn't too impressed. Honestly, I was more impressed by Cookout haha. 

Turned 30 and my girlfriend had all my good friends surprise me at a chalet on a river. (best birthday ever)

and we bought a dog in 2016, get him in a few weeks. Pretty huge.

As far as the quality of 2016, it was one of the best years yet when it comes to health and happiness. What a great year in that respect. Hoping for an even better 2017

19 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Highlights include Dillinger Escape Plan and the Mountain Goats (two of my favorites) 

And I'm pretty sure that'd be cp :P

Was going back and forth on posting here because the year was so all over the place for me, but I guess I will hop in on that one. This fucker flew out to Phoenix to hang out and we saw Dillinger and Appleseed Cast. He missed it because his plane wasn't in yet but I also caught American Nightmare and Judge the Saturday (day) before he was in. Overall I think I had a productive year. I had some shit that I wanted to work on/change, and while it isn't 100% there I definitely made some positive change. I had a miserable past couple years and decided that I was going to fix it instead of just dealing with it, and I plan to carry that into this year. I'll stop there so it doesn't end up rambley/overshared, but I know I have talked about it with a couple people here so at least someone knows what the hell I mean.