PO NOW: Mac DeMarco - This Old Dog

1 minute ago, shamrocks said:

is that indie white vinyl and indie exclusive or a newbury exclusive...i suspect not newbury only as there is no pressing info on their site

Newbury doesn't release their pressing numbers anymore.  But they always say Newbury exclusive when it is.  I'm almost 100% certain this white vinyl is an indie store exclusive.  Don't know about the signed poster though

2 minutes ago, joshman150 said:

Already can tell I am going to like this WAAAAY more than Another One.

why's that? What did you not like about it? After having listened to both of the new tracks once, I must say that I'm not blown away. Still stoked as fuck for the record, but I'm curious how that will turn out in the context of the whole LP. The two new songs lean much more into traditional indie rock if you ask me. A lot less "slacker" vibe, which is something I love about earlier Mac. 

9 minutes ago, CVHX said:

soooo who wants to set up a trade group...

buy multiples of omnian variant, and trade colors. i have every mac variant (minus the blue 2) and this one is gonna be tough tracking down variants haha.

I'm in the same boat and think I'm just going to be happy with what I get and maybe pick up other colours if there is enough variation. 

I would assume each colour is /1000 though I could just as easily imagine this as having started as one big /4000 pressing that started to vary from record to record so they cooked up something about 4 different variants. 

20 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

why's that? What did you not like about it? After having listened to both of the new tracks once, I must say that I'm not blown away. Still stoked as fuck for the record, but I'm curious how that will turn out in the context of the whole LP. The two new songs lean much more into traditional indie rock if you ask me. A lot less "slacker" vibe, which is something I love about earlier Mac. 

I just felt Another One as a whole was forgettable, especially following Salad Days. Sure there were good tracks but none that absolutely blew me away. These songs kind of feel like Real Estate meets Mac which could not be a better combination since Real Estate is my favorite band. I still enjoy Another One, but I rarely return to it and just listen to Salad Days and 2.

11 minutes ago, spoon said:

I'm in the same boat and think I'm just going to be happy with what I get and maybe pick up other colours if there is enough variation. 

I would assume each colour is /1000 though I could just as easily imagine this as having started as one big /4000 pressing that started to vary from record to record so they cooked up something about 4 different variants. 

yeah i hear ya. i doubt there's even gonna be a way to tell whats different. im sure every record will end up being a slightly mixed color. 

18 minutes ago, spoon said:

Mama's in the lathe press...cookin' up somethin' good