Virgil updates

4 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

He still sells stuff on discogs and ebay. Bought a record from him on ebay, he sent 2 copies on accident and both were warped beyond repair or playable. Ignored my messages, so paypal refunded me.

He has a copy of an LP I released that I'm selling for $14 he's selling for $42.99. Fuck that piece of shit. 

14 hours ago, bowserhound said:

I believe the co-op members were a lot more pissed about how it all went down than what they were left with.  The whole thing was that you could get out with your initial investment at any time, be it after the 1st release or the 10th.  Sadly I think there were only 4 or 5.  I forget what the buy-in was but I suppose you could have bought 4-5 records with the same amount of money.

And then when the shit-storm started, he just started banning everyone that was upset.  He promised everyone their money back and whatnot.  Then suddenly the whole site was run by SRC and Virgil was a ghost.  

A giant asshole ghost.

you forgot about RJ ripping off hundreds of people in between. 

16 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

He still sells stuff on discogs and ebay. Bought a record from him on ebay, he sent 2 copies on accident and both were warped beyond repair or playable. Ignored my messages, so paypal refunded me.

similar deal here, bought a record from him on discogs a few months ago and it wasn't even the correct record. didn't bother to response for a few weeks and magically asked me to ship it back to him when I opened a claim with PayPal. dude is shitty 

4 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

I think reminders like this make it hard to forget. 

You would think that Virgil of all people would realize the importance of being humble. 

Uh, it's not like he wrote the article himself, nor did he assign the title of "most important" or whatever to himself. Sure, he could've turned the press opportunity down, but he's likely very proud of the work he's done with Illegal Pete's and wanted to draw attention to it.

Also in Denver.  I see this dude all the time. He's always at shows and there's an Illegal Pete's within walking distance that I go to at least once a week and he's there pretty frequently.  I have a lot of friends in the music industry here as well, so we have a lot of overlap.  I met him once and he was nice enough I guess.  I don't think he would have been if I would have brought up that he never sent me the Eagles of Death Metal record I ordered from him like 8 years ago.  The majority of people have no idea about his whole shitstorm that went down with VC, so most people here think pretty highly of him, and in turn, he's pretty far up his own ass.