Planning For Burial - Below The House LP out on 3/10

• 1 month later...

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I 100% encourage anyone reading this thread to support Flenser – as they probably have already – but for the impatient, this leaked today and I'm really doubting my willpower to resist hearing it.

I don't blame you. The singles are incredible, I'd love to hear it but I have no way to access any of the normal avenues leaks fall through.

...thankfully the white variant looks to last for quite some time longer, so I can afford to wait on it until I have the spare funds again to buy it. I adore everything about this project and I'm mighty excited to hear the album.

4 minutes ago, deer said:

I don't blame you. The singles are incredible, I'd love to hear it but I have no way to access any of the normal avenues leaks fall through.

...thankfully the white variant looks to last for quite some time longer, so I can afford to wait on it until I have the spare funds again to buy it. I adore everything about this project and I'm mighty excited to hear the album.

I have yet to hear the singles which has only fueled my curiosity to play the whole thing tonight or tomorrow.  I'm actually surprised the white copies are still in stock, to be honest.

It is so unbelievably good.  First impressions are nudging me to say it's his best album yet.  The grit and crushing weight of the heavier moments hit harder than anything to date, and I found myself equally awed and lost in the haze of the dronier passages.  There's one in particular bit where I felt like I was slowly dying in the most comfortable way possible.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

It is so unbelievably good.  First impressions are nudging me to say it's his best album yet.  The grit and crushing weight of the heavier moments hit harder than anything to date, and I found myself equally awed and lost in the haze of the dronier passages.  There's one in particular bit where I felt like I was slowly dying in the most comfortable way possible.

I kinda know this is going to be album of the year for me because I'm unreasonably biased when it comes to all of Thom's work. I have no doubt in my mind that my bias isn't going to need to work too hard to justify my hyperbole here though. The three "Destroyed Cassette's" I got as part of that project in 2016 wound up being some of my most listened to material by the years end and if it weren't  for them being one of a kind pieces that only I've heard I would probably drive people up the wall gushing at Gumbo levels.

Leaving will be a hard album for this to beat for me as that whole record has an indestructible link to one of the most ugly and turbulent times of my life and eased me through it. That being said having ended a near decade long relationship that has resulted in moving back in with my parents in my home town 2 years ago this album thematically couldn't be more on point for me if it tried so I imagine the significance of this piece of art will also become unbreakable in its ties to my life (or lack of).

I can't wait. I'd feel too awkward to track down a leak though as I actually have gotten to know Thom a little through the internet and it'd just feel wrong.

Also @Eliminator Jr. nice Angelic Process reference.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

2 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I kinda know this is going to be album of the year for me because I'm unreasonably biased when it comes to all of Thom's work. I have no doubt in my mind that my bias isn't going to need to work too hard to justify my hyperbole here though. The three "Destroyed Cassette's" I got as part of that project in 2016 wound up being some of my most listened to material by the years end and if it weren't  for them being one of a kind pieces that only I've heard I would probably drive people up the wall gushing at Gumbo levels.

Leaving will be a hard album for this to beat for me as that whole record has an indestructible link to one of the most ugly and turbulent times of my life and eased me through it. That being said having ended a near decade long relationship that has resulted in moving back in with my parents in my home town 2 years ago this album thematically couldn't be more on point for me if it tried so I imagine the significance of this piece of art will also become unbreakable in its ties to my life (or lack of).

I can't wait. I'd feel too awkward to track down a leak though as I actually have gotten to know Thom a little through the internet and it'd just feel wrong.

Also @Eliminator Jr. nice Angelic Process reference.

All I can say is that you won't be disappointed. 

11 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Thom sounds a lot more pissed and angry and disappointed and just...ugh...and there is a JK Broadrick (Godflesh & Jesu) influence I can't help but sense...

Would agree with all of this.  I'm out of town for the weekend but have been itching to revisit this (and to finally hear King Woman) all day.  I'm sure it won't let up until I can scratch the itch come Monday.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

In 300 words or less, please convince me that Dull Knife Pt. II isn't the best song released in 2017 so far.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

You can't.

I'm sure it is. 3 more days to wait to confirm though. To be fair this track does feature members of HANL, King Woman/Miserable, Pallow and a host of others on guest duty so I'm really looking forward to this especially being fond of all those involved, having a proclivity towards album closers and a sucker for songs with multiple parts.

This whole thing is available to stream btw:

http://clrvynt.com/planning-for-burial-interview/

3 MORE DAYS

• 2 weeks later...

Got my copies of this in and spun my black tonight for my first full listen. Easily the most consistent of all his albums for tone. Brilliant execution all round. The group vocal on Dull Knife Part 2 (which features so many artists i love) floored me. I know it's only march but I'm calling AOTY already.

It's just perfect.