PO: Elliott Smith - Either/Or Expanded Edition

Buttercream splatter 2LP /1000 one per person

Black 2LP /?

"

To commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Elliott Smith’s best-selling and greatly beloved album, Either/Or, Kill Rock Stars proudly presents Either/Or: Expanded Edition. This album features the original tracks carefully remastered from original tapes under the supervision of Larry Crane, owner of Jackpot! Studios and archivist of the Estate of Elliott Smith. The second disc features five live multi-track recordings from the Yo Yo A Go Go Festival in Olympia WA in 1997, as well as three previously unreleased studio recordings and one b-side gem. The double LP is packaged in a gatefold jacket that includes an insert of the original liner notes, a postcard of the original master tapes, and several never-before seen photos. This gorgeous collection is an essential listen for longtime fans and newcomers alike.

Choose from:

2LP on Buttercream Splattered vinyl. Limited edition of 1,000 exclusive vinyl. Limit of one per order.

OR

Elliott Smith - Either/Or: Expanded Edition 2LP on Black.

OR

Elliott Smith - Either/Or: Expanded Edition 2CD.

OR

Elliott Smith - Either/Or: Expanded Edition DIGITAL DOWNLOAD.

*PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS: Orders are expected to begin shipping/emailing in March, April 2017. Any products bought with these products WILL NOT ship until this product ships. All items are mock ups and final product may vary slightly."

https://killrockstars.merchtable.com/bundles/pre-order-elliott-smith-either-slash-or-expanded-edition-ships-march-april-2017#.WG04T7YrJmN

2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I listened to this album today in Spanish class...not sure that I need the content of the second disc, though. Definitely not for $33.

That is my hold up as well. I just don't need those extra songs. Even 4 months ago I would have been all over this, but I'm being more selective these days.

5 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

Would love to hear what one of the remastered tracks sounds like before I order this.

I feel it's pretty safe to say Larry isn't going to make them sound worse....his remaster of Roman Candle was pretty damn nice and I believe he actually recorded this album.  He operates a world-class studio as well as the absolute definitive magazine on audio recording.   Without hearing a single note of his remaster I can say with certainty he will definitely do it justice

8 minutes ago, jrodan said:

because it doesn't include the second lp of rarities.

BM: "The additional content features five live multi-track recordings from the Yo Yo A Go Go Festival in Olympia WA in 1997, as well as three previously unreleased studio recordings and one b-side gem.  The double LP is packaged in a gatefold jacket that includes an insert of the original liner notes, a postcard of the original master tapes, and several never-before seen photos."

6 minutes ago, billya said:

On the store page the option says buttercream splatter expanded edition.

I think the confusion lies in the fact that there is black and buttercream splatter. there is no "yellow" for this pressing with the rarities bonus disc.

oh shit, maybe it is my confusion. I assumed the BM yellow was the buttercream splatter, but perhaps its an indie exclusive.

Edited by jrodan

5 minutes ago, jrodan said:

I think the confusion lies in the fact that there is black and buttercream splatter. there is no "yellow" for this pressing with the rarities bonus disc.

The word expanded is literally in the Bullmoose link...I guess it's cool to try and make someone else look like an idiot by not looking at the thread before you tell them they're wrong, though.