PO: Elliott Smith - Either/Or Expanded Edition

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

lol, check my edit dude. wasn't trying to be a dick. @billya

You implied that my clarification question had nothing to do with the one page of posts up until that point because you hadn't actually followed the details, then made a post starting with "lol". You were definitely being a dick.

1 minute ago, billya said:

You implied that my clarification question had nothing to do with the one page of posts up until that point because you hadn't actually followed the details, then made a post starting with "lol". You were definitely being a dick.

I am sorry I came off as a dick, as it was not my intention. I confused myself because I was thinking the splatter part you were talking about was in reference to a previous Newbury press. I truly apologize.

4 hours ago, Karpatenhunde77 said:

What a bummer, for some odd reason they don't ship to Europe ;-(

It's not odd. KRS doesn't have distribution rights for this material in Europe. Domino was the original rights holder, I don't know if they currently hold it, but KRS has confirmed that this will also be released by the European rights holder. Turn that frown upside-down.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:31 PM, mellowtooth said:

I am not sure I would assume that the BM variant is the buttercream splatter unless the label confirms it. I can definitely see this thing having an indie exclusive

ben at kill rock stars here. we're doing a pressing of 1,000 on buttercream splatter that is available exclusively on our website (only 15 left) AND an indie exclusive of 4,000 copies on yellow vinyl. we're also doing a version on black vinyl.

bull moose's pre-order is for the yellow vinyl that we're making 4,000 of.

i hope this clears things up. 

3 hours ago, ben at krs said:

ben at kill rock stars here. we're doing a pressing of 1,000 on buttercream splatter that is available exclusively on our website (only 15 left) AND an indie exclusive of 4,000 copies on yellow vinyl. we're also doing a version on black vinyl.

bull moose's pre-order is for the yellow vinyl that we're making 4,000 of.

i hope this clears things up. 

Thanks so much. Picked up the last buttercream. 

• 1 month later...

Got shipping notice for this.  

A bit worried tho... anyone from Canada ever order a single record and have it shipped though UPS to Canada?  UPS is horrible and I ALWAYS get a huge import fee.  I am fully expecting they will want almost $30, in which case, I am sadly going to not accept and return it.  I would have avoided ordering if it was clear they'd be using UPS.  Any input is appreciated.

On 3/2/2017 at 4:53 PM, freedumb said:

Got shipping notice for this.  

A bit worried tho... anyone from Canada ever order a single record and have it shipped though UPS to Canada?  UPS is horrible and I ALWAYS get a huge import fee.  I am fully expecting they will want almost $30, in which case, I am sadly going to not accept and return it.  I would have avoided ordering if it was clear they'd be using UPS.  Any input is appreciated.

Depending on the marked value, you shouldn't pay more than taxes/duties (which Canada Post would charge you) plus a $7 fee. See here:

https://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

If it shakes out differently, I had success in the past getting UPS to drop fees by arguing that the merchant (not me) selected UPS as the shipper and so I didn't agree to pay their fees.

2 hours ago, ejc625 said:

What merits the 'greatness' of a download code?

It's not just a piece of paper. More like a postcard with a picture of the tapes the album was recorded on. I mean it's not some major thing, but I thought it as pretty cool.

Edited by DeathPeak

I received my copy from Kill rock stars yesterday. Both lp's came in with a bit of a bowl warp to them and the surface noise is a little higher than I was hoping for. 

Neither one of those issues is a huge deal, as I haven't washed it yet, and the warp isn't so serious my record clamp can't help. So just listening on the first play through I thought it sounded better than some of the other variants I have of this. 

I will give it a wash and vacuum and see if that clears up the surface noise. If it does, then this will be an excellent press. Very dynamic and clear.

15 minutes ago, mondie said:

I am really struggling to find a copy of this, seems like it has sold out pretty quickly. Does anybody know where I might find a copy?

Thanks.

https://www.amoeba.com/either-or-expanded-edition-yellow-vinyl-lp-elliott-smith/albums/3911471/?code=ACEEdoTeiUw&gclid=CISDjfeN0dICFY4vgQodrzYBgQ 

27 minutes ago, mondie said:

I am really struggling to find a copy of this, seems like it has sold out pretty quickly. Does anybody know where I might find a copy?

Thanks.

Also here for $24.99 (but without free shipping, I think):

http://www.graywhaleslc.com/p/20142498/elliott-smith-either-or-expanded-edition-yellow-vinyl-exclusive-only-3000-available-in-the-us

Edited by achillesstand7