I Need Some New Tunes.

I want to find some new artists to listen to. Lately I've been stuck on music like Mr. Little Jeans, Sylvan Esso, Purity Ring, The Growlers, and Flight Facilities. Do you guys have any suggestions. I guess it doesnt exactly have to be that type of music since I'm pretty open to everything. Any artists you swear everyone needs to hear will work, and I'll check them out.

Here are some more synth-pop/indie-pop artists for you that might fall into your current tastes. Hopefully a couple interest you.

Prinze George (Their debut album is my current obsession. Worth the 2 years I waited for it.)

Follin (Cults/Guards side project)

Foreign Air

Skott

Tender

Miynt

Transviolet

Fenech-Soler

The one band that has flat out floored me in the past couple years is Not Blood Paint. They put out what was in my opinion the best album of 2016: Believing Is Believing. I think it would probably have been on more best of lists if they had a bit more exposure.

It's pretty much straight ahead rock, but there are so many subtleties to their music and they manage to have many different sounds throughout the album. Check them out on Bandcamp:
Not Blood Paint - Believing Is Believing

If you dig it, you should work your way backwards chronologically through their catalog.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2017 at 5:40 PM, dnl said:

Here are some more synth-pop/indie-pop artists for you that might fall into your current tastes. Hopefully a couple interest you.

Prinze George (Their debut album is my current obsession. Worth the 2 years I waited for it.)

Follin (Cults/Guards side project)

Foreign Air

Skott

Tender

Miynt

Transviolet

Fenech-Soler

I didnt get past Prinze George but I did like it. Kind of like a mix of Lana Del Rey and Stevie Nicks.

On 1/9/2017 at 5:45 AM, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

The one band that has flat out floored me in the past couple years is Not Blood Paint. They put out what was in my opinion the best album of 2016: Believing Is Believing. I think it would probably have been on more best of lists if they had a bit more exposure.

It's pretty much straight ahead rock, but there are so many subtleties to their music and they manage to have many different sounds throughout the album. Check them out on Bandcamp:
Not Blood Paint - Believing Is Believing

If you dig it, you should work your way backwards chronologically through their catalog.

Musically they were pretty good. Kind of reminiscant of Muse or Vaux, but I didnt like his voice.

On 1/9/2017 at 2:49 AM, Hanabi said:

If you're after electronic stuff like Purity Ring I can't recommend CHVRCHES enough. I'd also VERY highly suggest Porter Robinson and Madeon as well as the single they recently did together called "Shelter".

Madeon was pretty good. I dont remember what exactly it was, but I ended up getting bored. It could have just been that I was tired and drivingin traffic in the rain.

38 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

So, I just discovered  today. I like it alot. She reminds me of Lorde.

If you like Lorde, check it out. I started with Walk This Way and then Final Song.

If you're a fan of Lorde, then you should definitely check out Broods. Their first album sounded a lot like Lorde's debut (they did work with the same producer, so there's that), but they've really come into their own on their newest album. Their newest single "Heartlines" was co-written by Lorde.

I dunno if this is something you'd be interested in... Actually, I'm not sure about the rules around the board for self promotion... Not that I make any money really.
You probably know where I am going with this.
I made a kind of weird album called MourningStar. I call my band Dumbhole.
This album is instrumental, layered guitars and stuff. It's streaming everywhere so if you want to add it to your spotify playlist or something, it is available.
Here's a link to my bandcamp. I make it a point to always make my music free. So that is why I am linking to it there.
Anyway, I hope you like it. The less I say probably the better.

7 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Musically they were pretty good. Kind of reminiscant of Muse or Vaux, but I didnt like his voice.

That's a damned shame. Everyone in the band sings from time to time, so it does mix up a bit. Some of their older stuff has a few songs where different band members sing different perspectives within the song like dialogue which is nothing new when viewed from a historical perspective of music, but is kind of unusual in modern music. BUT, kudos to you for checking it out along with everyone else's suggestions.