PO NOW: The Shins - Heartworms

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Interesting...it looks like they removed the limited to info from ALL of their exclusives.

Noticed that, too. And they stopped mentioning it in the e-mail announcements.

It seems like their exclusives lately haven't been selling out. Maybe they're testing to see if sales are better when consumers don't know the pressing quantity.

10 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Noticed that, too. And they stopped mentioning it in the e-mail announcements.

It seems like their exclusives lately haven't been selling out. Maybe they're testing to see if sales are better when consumers don't know the pressing quantity.

They should test some more competitive pricing...

2 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

They should test some more competitive pricing...

Agree. Or just wait a few months before they "find" copies of this and list them at $44.99.

I figured they were dropping something big today. That's their model the day after a coupon sale. Expected The Strokes but The Shins are their second favorite.

I disliked Port of Morrow, but really love the first three albums.

"Dead Alive" sounded better than Port of Morrow as a whole, so I have hope. 

"Name For You" is less appealing after one listen, but not necessarily bad. A bit shallow and perhaps overly pop and glossy though.

I really like the artwork.

I'm not keen to spend $30 on this, but I'm still tempted by the Newbury version as I have their Chutes Too Narrow and Wincing the Night Away color variants. 

I will hold off though. One good single, one mediocre single, and a bad experience with the previous album.

On 1/5/2017 at 7:12 AM, patreeeek said:

I'm enjoying the new song a lot though it's nothing groundbreaking from them.  And I think the clear and black marble will look good with the album artwork too. Gonna hold out for the upcoming Strokes variant and combine orders.

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2017 at 6:19 AM, Skibum00 said:

Yeah at $38 shipped from Newbury or $31 shipped from the Shins store, I'll wait for Amazon to list it 

There's this on Amazon now but doesn't include much detail about the pressing info. I'd guess it's just standard black vinyl but doesn't even detail whether it's 180g or not:

https://www.amazon.com/Heartworms-Shins/dp/B01MR2DF99/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

• 3 weeks later...

https://summerspins.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/the-shins-heartworms-vinyl-album-review/

My review on the standard pressing of Heartworms if anyone's interested. The record sound good but I actually miss the straighforwardness of Port Of Morrow. 

Edited by aju2streets

• 3 weeks later...