FS: Audio Technica LP120 $150 OBO

goodvibes

Hello, I just received an AT-LP120 turntable today in the mail opened it and much to my displeasure it doesn't fit well in my room so it needs to find a new home. Also, the tiny plastic "lock" for the tone arm snapped off at some point, the piece is included and easily attached back with any sort of adhesive (super glue, etc.). I have no clue what my options are at the moment, and if you are not interested but could give some feedback on how to resolve my predicament that would be greatly appreciated. I am considering contacting Audio Technica since it is brand new but I am not sure how they could help me.

After having a solid 24 hours to work it out, I have decided I am going to keep it and work with it, I already contacted AT about a replacement piece and once I get that settled I should be all good. Thank you everyone for the interest, it was overwhelming last night though, glad I had a day to think everything over.

Edited by goodvibes

55 minutes ago, goodvibes said:

Hello, I just received an AT-LP120 turntable today in the mail opened it and much to my displeasure it doesn't fit well in my room so it needs to find a new home. Also, the tiny plastic "lock" for the tone arm snapped off at some point, the piece is included and easily attached back with any sort of adhesive (super glue, etc.). I have no clue what my options are at the moment, and if you are not interested but could give some feedback on how to resolve my predicament that would be greatly appreciated. I am considering contacting Audio Technica since it is brand new but I am not sure how they could help me.

Drop an email or make a quick call to Audio Technica. They sent me a free replacement of the same part you need. They do have outstanding customer service.

16 minutes ago, ScottInDallas said:

Drop an email or make a quick call to Audio Technica. They sent me a free replacement of the same part you need. They do have outstanding customer service.

Thank you so much for the response! I may have jumped the gun slightly but the whole system is new to me and I don't know if I am setting it up correctly and it was frustrating haha. Mainly there is the counterweight, tracking force, and tone arm height. And supposedly the whole arm is supposed to be parallel at the end with the needle directly vertical on the record and I don't know if I was doing it right, it played the record fine, but I could not tell if it was too deep/heavy on the vinyl or vice versa. I watched a few videos already I just don't want to damage the records and I want to setup everything correctly. Sorry for the slight rant, but I am upgrading from the LP 60 which you literally just drop the needle and go, this one is so much more complex (and also is huge). Thanks again though for the response I really appreciate it

21 minutes ago, FlippingOut said:

Does this model have bluetooth capability? Wanting to gift a turntable with bluetooth for a friend but the LP60 had to be sent back. 

It unfortunately does not. You could however, connect to a wireless bluetooth hub like a Klipsch Gate or Sonos Connect, but if you don't already have the infrastructure in place that could be a pricey option.

Edited by goodvibes

18 hours ago, goodvibes said:

Im interested in the turntable, is this the AT-LP120 model which has USB output functionality? Can you provide a picture of the damaged plastic lock you mention?