What do you think will be the next format of music albums?

Although I know this is a vinyl collectors' community, just out of the curiosity...

These days I see many musicians (especially young indies) are trying some experiments.
A friend of mine made her music album as an usb.. another one made his as a lego sculpture with a download code.
What do you think about these?
Will you buy them if your favourite musicians make these kinds of music albums?

tumblr_ojh6lwz5Qf1uk3xxmo1_500.png

For example, this is one of the new experiments that I saw,

It is an object music album, so when you buy it you will receive a download code that you can download the music from online.

So you don't have to worry about virus, you can have better quality music files, and you can also have a tangible product..

What do you think of this? Would you buy one of these?

27 minutes ago, assoomed said:

tumblr_ojh6lwz5Qf1uk3xxmo1_500.png

For example, this is one of the new experiments that I saw,

It is an object music album, so when you buy it you will receive a download code that you can download the music from online.

So you don't have to worry about virus, you can have better quality music files, and you can also have a tangible product..

What do you think of this? Would you buy one of these?

Oh you "saw" it, did ya? Meaning, this is your project and you just "wanted" to come on VC and "ask" if the people here would "be interested" and then based on the responses, start "pushing" your new "product".  Am I "close"? I love "quotations". by the "way" 

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Oh you "saw" it, did ya? Meaning, this is your project and you just "wanted" to come on VC and "ask" if the people here would "be interested" and then based on the responses, start "pushing" your new "product".  Am I "close"? I love "quotations". by the "way" 

There is another example if you say so:

I just thought that is a better one

4 minutes ago, daegor said:

Buying a thing and getting a digital download is not a new format.

The format is digital.  You just get stuck with some piece of shit sculpture when you buy it.

I'm inclined to agree. Bands have been doing the whole "buy a t-shirt from our bandcamp get a free digital album" shit for years now, and whatever way you cut it a t-shirt is not a new form of music.

1 minute ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I'm inclined to agree. Bands have been doing the whole "buy a t-shirt from our bandcamp get a free digital album" shit for years now, and whatever way you cut it a t-shirt is not a new form of music.

Pst, you just a need a t-shirt player (they are very rare). Sounds a little wooly though.

OP is extremely lame. The "new" things done by "young indies" have been around 10+ years now. 

The comments on download codes and USB are spot on. Those are not new formats. New packaging maybe but not new formats. Even the packaging isn't new if you look at what bands like The Flaming Lips and The White Stripes have already done. 

If there is a new format out there it will be years after development before it would be commercially available. 

Thinking of gaming the the newest format is the 4K display, but really that's just a blue ray or digital download depending on how you received it. 

Edited by Tidal Wave