PO NOW: Spoon - Hot Thoughts

Here's my quick review on the album and the packaging. The purple vinyl sounds really good, a huge difference between the digital versions I was listening to in the car. 

https://summerspins.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/spoon-hot-thoughts-vinyl-album-review/

Edited by aju2streets

1 hour ago, aju2streets said:

Someone on Instagram got it. Matador Records reposted it earlier

One in the US and one in Europe. That person should feel pretty lucky! I have to say the new album was fairly hit and miss speaking from somebody who's a fairly new listener to Spoon. I have "they Want My Soul" and really enjoy that album. Any recommendations on past releases I should listen to? I know Ga x5 has always been hyped...

8 hours ago, cobannaboc said:

One in the US and one in Europe. That person should feel pretty lucky! I have to say the new album was fairly hit and miss speaking from somebody who's a fairly new listener to Spoon. I have "they Want My Soul" and really enjoy that album. Any recommendations on past releases I should listen to? I know Ga x5 has always been hyped...

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga is a great record to listen to next. Girls Can Tell, A Series of Sneaks, and Kill The Moonlight are my other favorites. 

• 3 weeks later...

Received my purple copy from Matador UK yesterday. I ordered a couple of weeks ago but looks like it's sold out on their site now. As usual with most UK companies in my experience, the mailer packing was extremely flimsy with no stiffeners. Album's got a few light creases on it, will give it a spin later today. Hopefully it's not warped. Really beyond me why people in the UK can't pack records properly.