PO: Angels & Airwaves Discography

Long time lurker, first time poster, blah, blah, blah.

Ordered the full set, got mine on Tuesday.

Here are my observations:

Right off the bat, based on information available on Discogs, We Don't Need To Whisper and I-Empire are the SRC pressings from 2015 and 2016 (SRC056 and SRC066, respectively) simply with a slipcase placed over them to fit the aesthetic theme of this series. Compared to all the other records in this set, these two albums are more of an opaque clear rather than transparent clear, and the jackets/labels have the SRC logo and catalog info on them. They match the info on these two Discogs listings to a "T", sans the slipcase:

https://www.discogs.com/Angels-Airwaves-We-Dont-Need-To-Whisper/release/7195858

https://www.discogs.com/Angels-Airwaves-I-Empire/release/8069976

This does not bother me personally, as I didn't buy those versions at that time, and I have no qualms about the sound quality either. I could, however, see how others might perceive this as a rip off of sorts.

As for the rest:

Love 1 & 2-No exact match on Discogs. All 4 LPs are clear and I can see no variant listed there indicating such. It does closely match some other prior pressings lusted on Discogs in that side H is etched. No SRC markings, would not surprise me if this is a new TTS pressing for this series. Interestingly, it is packaged as two separate 2LP jackets within the slipcase rather than a box or one singular package.

Stomping The Phantom Brake Pedal-Seems to exactly match this variant on Discogs ( https://www.discogs.com/Angels-Airwaves-Stomping-The-Phantom-Brake-Pedal/release/6472357 ), but otherwise has no SRC markings anywhere. Would not surprise me if this is a new TTS pressing for this series.

The Dream Walker-No exact match on Discogs. Seems to be a new press for this series.

Of Nightmares-Discogs lists this version as a new pressing for 2017, apparently first time on vinyl.

Chasing Shadows-Discogs lists this version as a new pressing variant for 2017.

So you get two releases in this bundle that are certainly repackages of prior presses, two that are ambiguous, and three that appear to be fresh pressings.

Again, none of this bothers me personally, as these are the first variants of any of these albums I've purchased.

Other observations:

I've only had a chance to spin We Don't Need To Whisper and I-Empire in full and am halfway through Love 1. No complaints about sound quality whatsoever.

My package came from USPS with a corner fully dented, but mercifully none of the records or album packaging were damaged.

My only gripe is the die cut AVA logo on the slipcases. It makes adding polysleeves a little annoying. If I slide the polysleeve without thinking abut it, I get it caught up as the die cuts are not connected. I have to be overtly mindful of the die cuts when putting the polysleeves on. A minor annoyance at its worst.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with this purchase. These are some of my favorite albums and to get them in one shot was very appealing to me.

• 6 months later...