Sorority Noise - You're Not As ______ As You Think

2 hours ago, Codyoster said:

This record keeps growing on me, it's so much better than I even hoped for. It's kind of like Your Favorite Weapon if YFW was about death instead of break ups. 

So not at all alike? You seriously relate the two? Yeah it sounds like Brand New but not because of content that doesn't make sense to me.

2 hours ago, Codyoster said:

This record keeps growing on me, it's so much better than I even hoped for. It's kind of like Your Favorite Weapon if YFW was about death instead of break ups. 

Some of the vocals and vocal harmonizations sound like they could be plucked off Deja (see: the chorus of No Halo), and I'm happy that was consistent throughout, but that's about where the similarities to Brand New end, I think.

On 3/18/2017 at 0:49 PM, DOMAN127 said:

I somehow missed out on this record too, but it's name-your-price on bandcamp so I'll give it a go once I'm done with what I'm listening to now. 

I haven't bothered with Home, Like Noplace because everyone says it's amazing and it's not going to live up to that expectation, but the new one was enjoyable.

I listened to Home and Rot yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. 

3 hours ago, Codyoster said:

If you want something like YFW check out this super underrated gem from 2007 

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

So not at all alike? You seriously relate the two? Yeah it sounds like Brand New but not because of content that doesn't make sense to me.

I meant cause lyrically it's sad as fuck but musically it's really upbeat pop-punk that makes it sound less sad. Thats all though, it was just what came into my head while listening to it this morning. Specificall songs like no halo and car

17 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

I meant cause lyrically it's sad as fuck but musically it's really upbeat pop-punk that makes it sound less sad. Thats all though, it was just what came into my head while listening to it this morning. Specificall songs like no halo and car

If you think the music makes the lyrics less sad we're listening to completely different records here

2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I listened to Home and Rot yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. 

Did Home fall short of the hype you've heard? It's one of the few emo records I've heard that I felt lived up to the pedestal people put it on.

I'm still waiting on my BSM copy for the new SN. I've been streaming it quite a bit I can't wait to hear it on vinyl.

If anyone dislikes this album for whatever strange reason and had a chance to grab the No Halo 10", I'll gladly purchase this off you. 

3 minutes ago, EGsynergy said:

Did Home fall short of the hype you've heard? It's one of the few emo records I've heard that I felt lived up to the pedestal people put it on.

Surprisingly, I think it deserves the praise. I can completely understand people not enjoying it / thinking it's overrated, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed (and enjoy with repeated listens) it.

On 3/19/2017 at 9:29 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

sports. is awesome but you didn't like the new Menzingers record so I'm not trusting your judgment haha

I like it better now, and I decided to not sell my vinyl copy so that's gotta mean something.

Also, to add to the YFW discussion, at least Jesse Lacey had a 'go fuck yourself' attitude with those break up songs. Sonically there are  definite similarities to the first two Brand New albumd, contextually this album goes to really dark places I think most bands in SN's scene don't touch. All in all it's one hell of a ride.

21 hours ago, funtitled said:

in this thread to give another bump to Sports., they fucking rule

and this record, it does too

Just to be clear are you guys talking about these guys https://brokenrimrecords.bandcamp.com/album/well-get-to-it-eventually-other-rarities

or these guys https://sport.bandcamp.com/album/bon-voyage?

I've been listening to sport for a while but I've never heard sports. and I'm trying to find their bandcamp.

https://realsportsboys.bandcamp.com/

5 minutes ago, EGsynergy said:

Just to be clear are you guys talking about these guys https://brokenrimrecords.bandcamp.com/album/well-get-to-it-eventually-other-rarities

or these guys https://sport.bandcamp.com/album/bon-voyage?

I've been listening to sport for a while but I've never heard sports. and I'm trying to find their bandcamp.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:34 PM, Sunshine said:

I'll never be sad from breakup music no matter how snotty and entitled the lyrics may be.

What about Carissa's Wierd - Songs About Leaving? I can't imagine anyone listening to that album without feeling bummed the fuck out.

Anyways, just listened to the new Sorority Noise. Liked it but didn't love it. Definitely the best thing they've done and I'll be revisiting it. I'd rather we get more Old Gray than SN. Slowburn was next level.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Anyways, just listened to the new Sorority Noise. Liked it but didn't love it. Definitely the best thing they've done and I'll be revisiting it. I'd rather we get more Old Gray than SN. Slowburn was next level.

Yeah... If only they had slow-burned "like blood from a stone" from the track list, it would have been next-next level.

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

What about Carissa's Wierd - Songs About Leaving? I can't imagine anyone listening to that album without feeling bummed the fuck out.

Songs About Leaving is a classic. EXTREMELY UNDERRATED

Was supposed to pick up the beer variant from banquet but came across a $10 copy on ebay. It doesn't indicate what color but i'm assuming the light blue or splatter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Youre-Not-as-as-You-Think-3-17-by-Sorority-Noise-Vinyl-Mar-2017-/382013796222?hash=item58f1cbef7e:i:382013796222

Remember when people bought records and didn't complain about quality and try to return every order? 

Not it sure if pressings have gotten worse, people have become more entitled, or poor record player setups are being used. Probably a combination heavier on the second two points.