Sorority Noise - You're Not As ______ As You Think

On 3/23/2017 at 1:58 PM, siberiankiss said:

Was supposed to pick up the beer variant from banquet but came across a $10 copy on ebay. It doesn't indicate what color but i'm assuming the light blue or splatter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Youre-Not-as-as-You-Think-3-17-by-Sorority-Noise-Vinyl-Mar-2017-/382013796222?hash=item58f1cbef7e:i:382013796222

Got this today. It's a CD. Much happy with this purchase....

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dawhizz said:

What's the merch situation for the current tour?  Tour press still available?  Anything else?  Heading to the STL show tonight.

Some tees, wall flag, etc. I don't think the vinyl was tour exclusive but I don't recall the color.

EDIT: I stand corrected, apparently it's a /500 orange tour press if Discogs is to be trusted

Edited by Holo

32 minutes ago, Holo said:

Some tees, wall flag, etc. I don't think the vinyl was tour exclusive but I don't recall the color.

EDIT: I stand corrected, apparently it's a /500 orange tour press if Discogs is to be trusted

It's not just discogs, they announced there was a tour version when it went on sale. See the sale page: http://www.sororitynoise.com/products/584822-sorority-noise-youre-not-as-_____-as-you-think

42 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

It's not just discogs, they announced there was a tour version when it went on sale. See the sale page: http://www.sororitynoise.com/products/584822-sorority-noise-youre-not-as-_____-as-you-think

Oops, I didn't pay attention. Totally bummed I missed that lathe though. It's really damn cool

4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

This is probably the fastest I've ever gone from really liking a record to not caring about it at all. I should probably listen again soon to see if there's any reason haha.

It's good but....

*puts on sunglasses*

Forgettable

(But seriously, I thought about this album the other day and was like "Wow, I totally forgot about that")

4 hours ago, Holo said:

Oops, I didn't pay attention. Totally bummed I missed that lathe though. It's really damn cool

Eh.... I got one, and the design and cutout is really cool, but the sound is the worst of all my lathes. Borderline unlistenable. Just when my opinion of lathes and flexis was shaping up.

4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

This is probably the fastest I've ever gone from really liking a record to not caring about it at all. I should probably listen again soon to see if there's any reason haha.

Agreed. I have listened to it a few times since it came out, but the second half of the album is just so slow, that I really only care about the first 5 songs. Really hope theres a bunch of b-sides that get put on a 7" since they seem to be so prolific right now.

I think it's biggest problem is it just pales in comparison to the Old Gray album. I still like it as a companion piece to that album and there are some great songs. It's just...not as visceral and immediate. Slow Burn gets under my skin and in my head.

I really wish they'd tour even 1/10 as much with Old Gray as they do with SN.

18 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I think it's biggest problem is it just pales in comparison to the Old Gray album. I still like it as a companion piece to that album and there are some great songs. It's just...not as visceral and immediate. Slow Burn gets under my skin and in my head.

I really wish they'd tour even 1/10 as much with Old Gray as they do with SN.

Totally agree with this. I feel like it would have worked best if SN released before OG did... After Slow Burn, it just doesn't have the same impact (for me at least). Yes, I know both albums have totally different styles and aims, but I can't help making a link between them each time I listen, and feel as though YNA_AYT just doesn't have the same attitude, charisma and longevity as Slow Burn, which, when I find myself thinking it, does make me feel kinda off because SN have put out a really decent album here... Unfortunately though, it just doesn't reach the heights of Slow Burn.

Edited by SE7EN

34 minutes ago, SE7EN said:

Totally agree with this. I feel like it would have worked best if SN released before OG did... After Slow Burn, it just doesn't have the same impact (for me at least). Yes, I know both albums have totally different styles and aims, but I can't help making a link between them each time I listen, and feel as though YNA_AYT just doesn't have the same attitude, charisma and longevity as Slow Burn, which, when I find myself thinking it, does make me feel kinda off because SN have put out a really decent album here... Unfortunately though, it just doesn't reach the heights of Slow Burn.

I don't fuck with Old Gray at all and just checked this album out per your post. Aside from them having the same members I draw 0 similarities between the two, and honestly didn't dig Old Gray.

I love this Sorority Noise album, in fact friends of mine who hated their past work are becoming fans through this last LP.  Hope they stay on this path. 

38 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I don't fuck with Old Gray at all and just checked this album out per your post. Aside from them having the same members I draw 0 similarities between the two, and honestly didn't dig Old Gray.

I love this Sorority Noise album, in fact friends of mine who hated their past work are becoming fans through this last LP.  Hope they stay on this path. 

Cam said in interviews that this SN album is just a different angle of the OG songs. More or less. They are siblings or cousins or whatever he said.

31 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Cam said in interviews that this SN album is just a different angle of the OG songs. More or less. They are siblings or cousins or whatever he said.

On Washed Up Emo he said the first track on the new album was originally an Old Gray riffs they couldn't work out. They do a good job of separating the two acts. If I didn't know each band consisted of the same dudes I would have never guessed they were related to one another.