Sorority Noise - You're Not As ______ As You Think

17 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

Does BSM send out download codes on release day? I checked the website and I didn't see anything. I want to hear this asap

I got my Balance and Composure Light We Made (Oct 7 release date) download link at 7:43pm Eastern time Oct 6th. So you could be getting one soon if that's their standard practice.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

Got my copy today. Just like with the single, it blew my expectations out of the water; if you liked "No Halo" the album is definitely up to par. Leagues better than Joy Departed.

This pleases me to hear.  I haven't bothered with anything else this band has done, but if the whole album lives up to NH, I'm on board.

The last leak I saw yesterday was ~140kb/S and 23 MB.  Even at 320, that's probably only a 70 MB download.  Pretty short listen, yeah?

15 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This pleases me to hear.  I haven't bothered with anything else this band has done, but if the whole album lives up to NH, I'm on board.

The last leak I saw yesterday was ~140kb/S and 23 MB.  Even at 320, that's probably only a 70 MB download.  Pretty short listen, yeah?

Yeah, the 320kbps download is 77.8 MB, and it's 33:35 long. All their albums are pretty short. Want a link?

15 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, the 320kbps download is 77.8 MB, and it's 33:35 long. All their albums are pretty short. Want a link?

Still havent got a download from bsm, if someone could hook me up that would be awesome. I listened to this on bandcamp this morning while getting ready for work and was really digging it, but I want to really sit down and take it in

12 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I had very low expectations for this album, but I'm 6 songs in and think this is quite possibly the best Sorority Noise material to exist. The last LP/EP were mediocre  at best, so far these songs have been heavy and gloomy and rad as hell.

Now I need a vinyl copy.

You should finish the album. 2nd half is much weaker but still overall better than joy, departed. competitive with forgettable, i'd say (which in my opinion is much better than joy, departed)

9 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

You should finish the album. 2nd half is much weaker but still overall better than joy, departed. competitive with forgettable, i'd say (which in my opinion is much better than joy, departed)

Just did. Actually liked it just as much as the first half, especially Second Letter From St. Julien. Cool how it ties to/references When I See You (Timberwolf) which is one of very few good songs on Joy, Departed.

30 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Just did. Actually liked it just as much as the first half, especially Second Letter From St. Julien. Cool how it ties to/references When I See You (Timberwolf) which is one of very few good songs on Joy, Departed.

I like that song as well. I actually don't mind Where Are you? either, it just kind of annoys me on a 10-track 31-minute "full-length" having basically one really drawn out, weak song (leave the fan on) and an acoustic bedroom recording on the end. felt like it ended the album on a rather weak note. its weird, i feel like at least one of the last two tracks on every modern baseball album is the same way.

But to clarify, No Halo and A Better Sun are by far my two favorite tracks right now, which altogether makes the first half much stronger than the second half to me

Edited by rogeoa8

17 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

I like that song as well. I actually don't mind Where Are you? either, it just kind of annoys me on a 10-track 31-minute "full-length" having basically one really drawn out, weak song (leave the fan on) and an acoustic bedroom recording on the end. felt like it ended the album on a rather weak note. its weird, i feel like at least one of the last two tracks on every modern baseball album is the same way.

But to clarify, No Halo and A Better Sun are by far my two favorite tracks right now, which altogether makes the first half much stronger than the second half to me

Maybe Sorority Noise is copying Joyce Manor's tracking style :D

Just now, Shitty Rambo said:

Maybe Sorority Noise is copying Joyce Manor's tracking style :D

Joyce Manor was the other band i was trying to think of besides MoBa that does this haha. if just one of these bands came out with a 107-minute double album it would be hailed as the holy grail of "modern hipster pop-punk" or whatever we're calling this genre

10 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

Joyce Manor was the other band i was trying to think of besides MoBa that does this haha. if just one of these bands came out with a 107-minute double album it would be hailed as the holy grail of "modern hipster pop-punk" or whatever we're calling this genre

a band did. Sioux Falls - Rot Forever. its awesome. :)

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

"Better".  Better is the adjective to use here.

To me, that's a little unfair. Yes, Sioux Falls take a more "serious" rather than playful tone than these bands, but that doesn't equate to better. I admit I am a huge Modern Baseball fan, I don't think many albums have come out in recent years that are better than Sports, but yes, Rot Forever was something special for sure. And I would absolutely agree Rot Forever is better than anything Sorority Noise and certainly Joyce Manor have put out, so yeah i guess i pretty much agree.

Edited by rogeoa8