Thoughts on Omnitronic turntables (Technics SL1200 clones)

What's up with these Omnitronic, Technics SL1200 clone, turntables?
Their Belt-Drive versions cost around the price of a dreaded average Crosley, yet they seem to sport features that you don't really see on such cheap pieces of equipment.
So what's the real deal with them?
What's the catch?

Have you actually had the chance to test one for youself?

Here's some of the Omnitronic BD turntables in question:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Omnitronic-Showequipment-GmbH-10603048-BD-1320/dp/B004K86KXE

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OMNITRONIC-BD-Turntable-BD-1350-silver/dp/B000QGK1RK

I had a pair of direct drive ones through here a while ago. They were like every other 1200 clone of the same quality, average but perfectly serviceable.

I think I paid £10 for a the pair of them at a boot fair and split them up and gave them to a couple of friends as starter tables. 2nd hand for the right price they are perfectly good as a starter table and a lot better than a Crosley, AT LP60, ION or all the other plastic rubbish as are all the other 1200 clones with different badges but new no let someone else waste their money and buy a 2nd hand one.

• 2 weeks later...

A little to the party but anyway: 

I have used an Omnitronic 1200 DD for several years. It's among the lowest quality of  1200 clones. The platter was slightly wobbly and the arm complete crap. Given that you can buy far better 1200 clones or Pro-Ject starter tables for pretty much the same money, I'd recommend against it, even a cheap used one. 

A little to the party but anyway: 

I have used an Omnitronic 1200 DD for several years. It's among the lowest quality of  1200 clones. The platter was slightly wobbly and the arm complete crap. Given that you can buy far better 1200 clones or Pro-Ject starter tables for pretty much the same money, I'd recommend against it, even a cheap used one.