Acrylic Discs For Record Photos

This is super random and I wasnt sure if I should put it in the WTB section, but I am looking for some 2" round acrylic discs that are maybe 1/2" thick. I like to take pictures of all my records and I think that would be a good way to get the records up off the white board and allow some light under it. You know, for those dark color pressings that you can only see the colors when held up to the light. So, has anyone done this before or does anyone have any suggestions for where to get some acrylic discs? I probably want 10 for box set photos.

8 hours ago, lloydrx said:

Just a thought. Those little round trays they put in pizza boxes. I mean maybe check with a local pizza shop.

Nah man, just order like 5 big ass pizzas. It's a win/win situation.

What if you cut the top half and bottom half off a water bottle and just used the clear hand grippy part? 

Haha, yeah those are good ideas. I was thinking acrylic over a hockey puck because I wouldnt want the shadow to show below clear records. A clear glass would work but it would be too tall, which would also create a shadow from the record itself. A water bottle lid is pretty good. The shadow wouldnt be enough to notice.

4 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

Haha, yeah those are good ideas. I was thinking acrylic over a hockey puck because I wouldnt want the shadow to show below clear records. A clear glass would work but it would be too tall, which would also create a shadow from the record itself. A water bottle lid is pretty good. The shadow wouldnt be enough to notice.

Image result for you fancy huh

;)