[PO] Mogwai – Every Country's Sun

2 hours ago, JRHews said:

I'm confused about this signed print vs no signed print. I cant seem to find the UK PO that has it? It redirects me from their site to TR. Just curious.

Yeah, I was confused as well. I think if your IP address is located in North America, it automatically redirects you to TRL.
I went to this link and if you change it to UK or an EU country at the bottom, you'll see the signed print PO: https://www.musicglue.com/mogwai-1/shop

I tried checking out using my Canadian address and it automatically removed it from the cart, so I guess us North Americans are stuck with the TRL version.
Kind of sucks since I would rather have the signed print than the 7" even if I'm willing to pay the extra shipping cost.
If anyone in North America can figure out a way to get the UK/EU version, I'd like to know!

Monorail have an exclusive white vinyl edition with signed postcard: 

http://www.monorailmusic.com/album/89d3c677-396d-11e7-9ba4-22000b2080a0/Every_Countrys_Sun_-_Monorail_Exclusive.html

Monorail Exclusive White vinyl with signed Postcard, limited to 300.
The box set contains CD, heavyweight double gatefold white vinyl, heavyweight 12” of album demos plus photographic prints by Antony Crook taken while the band were recording in January 2017.

Mogwai return with their 9th studio album, recorded with renowned producer Dave Fridmann (Mercury Rev, The Flaming Lip’s, Mogwai’s Come On Die Young and Rock Action) at his Tarbox Road Studios in New York. All vinyl formats include a download code. Every Country's Sun takes two decades of Mogwai's signature, contrasting sounds and distills it, beautifully, into 56 concise minutes of gracious elegance, hymnal trance-rock, and transcendental euphoria. 

48 minutes ago, Skacel said:

The box set contains CD, heavyweight double gatefold white vinyl, heavyweight 12” of album demos plus photographic prints by Antony Crook taken while the band were recording in January 2017.

This is confusingly written on their website. The two sentences above have nothing to do with each other i.e. the Monorail exclusive is just vinyl and postcards and none of the other box set stuff. For a minute I thought that they were selling the box set at a bargin price. Website also says limited to 250 rather than 300.

Also, the website says signed postcard, but the email Monorail sent out says postacrd in one place and photo in another. Probably postcard.

Edited by ExtraFox
More info.

2 hours ago, ExtraFox said:

This is confusingly written on their website. The two sentences above have nothing to do with each other i.e. the Monorail exclusive is just vinyl and postcards and none of the other box set stuff. For a minute I thought that they were selling the box set at a bargin price. Website also says limited to 250 rather than 300.

Also, the website says signed postcard, but the email Monorail sent out says postacrd in one place and photo in another. Probably postcard.

Haha yeah, I had to read it twice. I think they must have changed the number soon after I copied the text from the website as the email I got says 250.

I'm wondering if it will be the same signed print that the web store is offering. 

Edit: Now I'm thinking it's a signed copy of the photo they attached in the email.

Edited by Skacel

4 hours ago, Skacel said:

Monorail have an exclusive white vinyl edition with signed postcard: 

http://www.monorailmusic.com/album/89d3c677-396d-11e7-9ba4-22000b2080a0/Every_Countrys_Sun_-_Monorail_Exclusive.html

Mogwai return with their 9th studio album, recorded with renowned producer Dave Fridmann (Mercury Rev, The Flaming Lip’s, Mogwai’s Come On Die Young and Rock Action) at his Tarbox Road Studios in New York. All vinyl formats include a download code. Every Country's Sun takes two decades of Mogwai's signature, contrasting sounds and distills it, beautifully, into 56 concise minutes of gracious elegance, hymnal trance-rock, and transcendental euphoria. 

Ordered the Monorail white/250

I'm picking my Monorail copy up in store, so in anticipation of the people who wait too long on this, there will very probably be some instore and I can try and get one for you. I am off work on the day of release and can be there nice and early. This is weather permitting as I cycle. That said, I went and got my (and another VCer's) copies of Atomic in the pissing rain and nearly got mown down twice in about ten minutes (by a taxi driver and then a Porsche driver).

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not interested in spending $40 on the indie clear variant, but I'm (just now?) noticing that California is specifically excluded from the states Newbury will ship to?

I heard about this with the mac demarco release but now that it's actually an item I want, I'm pissed...

if anyone could grab one for me, please pm me.