Coheed And Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One [2LP] (150 Gram Splatter Vinyl)

28 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I can see you're a fresh user to VC, so simply put, white vinyl is an ugly choice in 99% of applications – this one not withstanding – and also tends to sound a lot noisier than most presses, in most instances.  There are exceptions to both of these cases but they are greatly shadowed by the undesirable traits.

Yeah I'm new to VC but I'm not new to vinyl I've been buying for a good 10 years and I've never had a problem with white vinyl in the past so it seemed odd to me that it got a lot of hate! Personally I find the worst sounding are the haze variants which usually seem like they've been packed with a small bag of sand emptied into the vinyl sleeve at the same time! I'll happily take white over that any day haha

but I agree with you on white being ugly it's not my first choice but if I can get a copy of this I'll be happy I've been waiting so long for this release! 

Not trying to sound like one of those elitist dicks, but you CANNOT form an opinion on your favorite Coheed record without hearing the first three albums. Seriously, the fuck kinda shit is that? I'm a big fan of everything they've done besides YOTBR, and a HUGE fan of the latest album, but I wouldn't give a shit about them if I had to choose between post-2007 or pre-2007. 

25 minutes ago, sve said:

Has anyone heard what will happen to the orders that were made prior to the link being taken down.  Would be nice to know if they will be eventually fulfilled or canceled.

oh you're fucked. they've got your money, and no proof of product. Consider that money GONE. 

29 minutes ago, The Saint said:

Thanks @THE_James_Champ. I was struggling.

it happens, my friend. 

56 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Not trying to sound like one of those elitist dicks, but you CANNOT form an opinion on your favorite Coheed record without hearing the first three albums. Seriously, the fuck kinda shit is that? I'm a big fan of everything they've done besides YOTBR, and a HUGE fan of the latest album, but I wouldn't give a shit about them if I had to choose between post-2007 or pre-2007. 

Not trying to sound like one of those elitist dicks, but I'll get to the other two and the second apollo albums right after I get my promo inbox down to zero.

Right now, it's at 261 that are asking for reviews and that's not including the stack of vinyl records I have to review. :)

I like the Afterman. That's my jam.

I feel like I'm totally able to make up mind. 

52 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I mean, all 3 are pretty fucking good for different reasons and shine particularly bright in different listening moods.  I can't comfortably say that one is head and shoulders above the others, in that trio.

I don't doubt that at all. A friend of mine, who's a much bigger fan than I, told me Good God Apollo Part 1 was the BEST Coheed album, so I bought it.

It didn't touch the Afterman for me...that's all.

I don't have time to seek out every single album by every band I enjoy. I listen to about 7 new albums each week just for writing. When I get upstairs to my vinyl lounge, I try to keep it somewhat free of reviews...but I do a vinyl review each week...it's confusing.

14 minutes ago, museummouth said:

You can't appreciate Good Apollo 1 until you hear SSTB and IKS and the callbacks to them on GA1. 

Also so how can you not listen to any of a band that you like's top three critically and fan aclaimed albums???

Because I do not have time to seek out every song by every band I enjoy and there's a finite amount of money I can devote to everything I do.

This is the cold, honest truth. 

Couple that with the fact that I am trying to expand my libraries. I see the expansion of artists to be just as critical as the increase in number of albums. 

2 hours ago, museummouth said:

You can't appreciate Good Apollo 1 until you hear SSTB and IKS and the callbacks to them on GA1. 

Also so how can you not listen to any of a band that you like's top three critically and fan aclaimed albums???

All of this. 

The money for the order I placed came out of my PayPal this morning, even though the one email said they wouldn't charge until they shipped. O checked my order status and it said not shipped. I know it's delayed till after Record Store Day, I just wish they'd acknowledge what they're going to do about the people that placed orders already. 

19 minutes ago, zerohacker said:

The money for the order I placed came out of my PayPal this morning, even though the one email said they wouldn't charge until they shipped. O checked my order status and it said not shipped. I know it's delayed till after Record Store Day, I just wish they'd acknowledge what they're going to do about the people that placed orders already. 

It's a bigger hastle to refund people than to just hold your orders until 4/29. That's probably what they will do.

• jhulud locked this topic