Coheed And Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One [2LP] (150 Gram Splatter Vinyl)

16 hours ago, Battra said:

Because I do not have time to seek out every song by every band I enjoy and there's a finite amount of money I can devote to everything I do.

This is the cold, honest truth. 

Couple that with the fact that I am trying to expand my libraries. I see the expansion of artists to be just as critical as the increase in number of albums. 

I'm pretty sure he's suggesting you just listen to the albums, not go track them down and buy them. That wouldn't take much time or money.

28 minutes ago, himynameisShane said:

I'm pretty sure he's suggesting you just listen to the albums, not go track them down and buy them. That wouldn't take much time or money.

These days, time is a far more valuable currency than money for me.

I don't know how many albums you listen to in a week, but I'm at about 7-8 new ones. Part of running a silly music blog is accepting that I don't have as much time for recreational listening anymore.

6 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Guys, he listens to 7 new albums a week. He doesn't have time for that shit. 

Even though one new album a day really isn't that much considering how stacked some release weeks are. I'd love to see this dude tackle a daunting video game backlog. 

I don't know what your life is like, but mine contains a 40 hour work week, a 20 hour avocation week, my six year old daughter, my wife, I read about 5 books a month, follow the St. Louis Blues, try to get in a little bit of video game time (I have a stack of games that goes back to 1998 on a myriad of systems), pretend that I'm still following Arsenal, spend some time with my wife, cook 5-7 nights a week, clean daily, try to have somewhat of a social life, next week my daughter's soccer team starts back up, etc.

Why this is sticking to some your guys' ribs, well, frankly I don't get it. But you go. :)

But as stated earlier, time is a very valuable currency for me.

crazy idea, put music on to a disc or pod device and listen to it while driving to these various events/activities that only you have in your life.

Because I have a full time job, a 2 year old daughter, a wife, I read, follow sports, play video games, make dinner. have a record blog, social life..yadda yadda yadda too and can easily listen to a new record by one of my favorite when it comes highly recommended by their entire fanbase.....Heck I even have time to do that while being a dick on the internet.

7 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

crazy idea, put music on to a disc or pod device and listen to it while driving to these various events/activities that only you have in your life.

Because I have a full time job, a 2 year old daughter, a wife, I read, follow sports, play video games, make dinner. have a record blog, social life..yadda yadda yadda too and can easily listen to a new record by one of my favorite when it comes highly recommended by their entire fanbase.....Heck I even have time to do that while being a dick on the internet.

Well, you know, I do routinely move music off an on my iPhone. My commutes are largely filled with podcasts.

I clicked your blog link yesterday, and unless your link is like the one I have in my signature, you've done as many posts since August 25th as I have this month.  (There are seven more posts scheduled this month.)

It boils down to this, I'm not interested in it enough to give up anything else I'm already doing for it and this seems to bother people.

7 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Well, you know, I do routinely move music off an on my iPhone. My commutes are largely filled with podcasts.

I clicked your blog link yesterday, and unless your link is like the one I have in my signature, you've done as many posts since August 25th as I have this month.  (There are seven more posts scheduled this month.)

It boils down to this, I'm not interested in it enough to give up anything else I'm already doing for it and this seems to bother people.

6 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

It's a personal goal of mine to hear 2-3 albums a day I've never heard on top of the stuff I'm already familiar with that I listen to throughout the day, but that's just me. I don't do a ton else when you ignore schoolwork.

That's an awesome goal, dude.

33 minutes ago, museummouth said:

People are annoyed that you're saying you love Coheed and that Afterman is so great when you haven't heard their definitive albums. 

Well I'm sorry that I haven't heard it and won't be seeking it out any time soon.

Can you tell me precisely what makes it definitive? Because, frankly, Coheed and Cambria, as much as I do enjoy them, don't have spectacular musical range and Claudio Sanchez has a very limited vocal range.

17 minutes ago, Battra said:

Can you tell me precisely what makes it definitive? Because, frankly, Coheed and Cambria, as much as I do enjoy them, don't have spectacular musical range and Claudio Sanchez has a very limited vocal range.

Maybe thats because you haven't listened to their best albums?  It's like if you only listened to the records Bob Dylan released in the 1990s and was like, why is this guy so popular?  I'm not saying you will love them, because thats all just going to be each persons opinion.  But heck take 5 minutes and listen to a track on youtube instead of replying here.....and give it a try!

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

Maybe thats because you haven't listened to their best albums?  It's like if you only listened to the records Bob Dylan released in the 1990s and was like, why is this guy so popular?  I'm not saying you will love them, because thats all just going to be each persons opinion.  But heck take 5 minutes and listen to a track on youtube instead of replying here.....and give it a try!

I'm trying to decide now which will entertain me more. :)

Because...I've heard five of their eight albums front to back...at having heard the majority of it, I'll be honest, your answer seems strange that they only really stretch their wings out on the 3 albums I've not heard.

Seriously, who the fuck cares if he's listened to the "definitive" albums or not? The dude can listen to what ever the fuck he wants to listen to, and none you have any say in his life. None. Get the fuck over yourselves. I've seen some pretty stupid things that people come on here to fight about or rag on someone for, but this is the most ridiculous of them all. 

Edited by THE_James_Champ

1 minute ago, Battra said:

I'm trying to decide now which will entertain me more. :)

Because...I've heard five of their eight albums front to back...at having heard the majority of it, I'll be honest, your answer seems strange that they only really stretch their wings out on the 3 albums I've not heard.

I don't really give a fuck one way or another if you listen to them or not, but I haven't listened to a full album of theirs since Good Apollo, and the only album I listen to anymore with any sort of regularity is the first album.

Time Consumer would be my go-to if you were only going to listen to one song. Features Dr. Know from Bad Brains on guitar.

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I don't really give a fuck one way or another if you listen to them or not, but I haven't listened to a full album of theirs since Good Apollo, and the only album I listen to anymore with any sort of regularity is the first album.

Time Consumer would be my go-to if you were only going to listen to one song. Features Dr. Know from Bad Brains on guitar.

Time Consumer and Devil in Jersey City are the two songs from SSTB that really capture the feel of the album imo. I just think those first three records show absolutely ALL of the band's growth. 

3 hours ago, dantheriver said:

It's a bigger hastle to refund people than to just hold your orders until 4/29. That's probably what they will do.

That's kinda what I hope. I emailed them to see what was up. I don't wanna think my order is going through only to miss it when they put it back up.

As a fan of the first three albums and someone who finds everything after (barring Afterman as I've not truly heard the whole set of albums) pretty trite, I would implore Battra to do himself the service of hearing them in chronological order at some point in his life. However, everyone meeting all of his explanations for why he doesn't plan to do that anytime soon, given his busy schedule, with instructions for life on how to fit these albums in between all of his other tasks is truly astonishing. You guys are nuts. I'm already nuts having a record collection the size that I have with as many different systems of playback in multiple rooms as I have but I think its insane to insinuate to this poster that he's not doing his own life right by not cutting time out of his packed schedule to hear these albums. I'm sure the curiosity will catch up with him eventually and he'll probably seek them out but this level of sass toward him is out of line. I get that people are trying to express their fealty to those bodies of work by emphasizing how much he is missing out and all but this looks like a bunch of sheltered derelicts screaming at the guy with the life to live about how he's not living up to his listening potential for one very specific band.

Either way, carry on. I'll finish up somewhat on topic by saying, "I hope there's a black version at some point."

• jhulud locked this topic