Coheed And Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One [2LP] (150 Gram Splatter Vinyl)

35 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I would implore Battra to do himself the service of hearing them in chronological order at some point in his life. However, everyone meeting all of his explanations for why he doesn't plan to do that anytime soon, given his busy schedule, with instructions for life on how to fit these albums in between all of his other tasks is truly astonishing.

Either way, carry on. I'll finish up somewhat on topic by saying, "I hope there's a black version at some point."

I agree with all of this. Especially the part about a black variant. It just feels like it should be black...like exclusively.

49 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

As a fan of the first three albums and someone who finds everything after (barring Afterman as I've not truly heard the whole set of albums) pretty trite, I would implore Battra to do himself the service of hearing them in chronological order at some point in his life. However, everyone meeting all of his explanations for why he doesn't plan to do that anytime soon, given his busy schedule, with instructions for life on how to fit these albums in between all of his other tasks is truly astonishing. You guys are nuts. I'm already nuts having a record collection the size that I have with as many different systems of playback in multiple rooms as I have but I think its insane to insinuate to this poster that he's not doing his own life right by not cutting time out of his packed schedule to hear these albums. I'm sure the curiosity will catch up with him eventually and he'll probably seek them out but this level of sass toward him is out of line. I get that people are trying to express their fealty to those bodies of work by emphasizing how much he is missing out and all but this looks like a bunch of sheltered derelicts screaming at the guy with the life to live about how he's not living up to his listening potential for one very specific band.

Either way, carry on. I'll finish up somewhat on topic by saying, "I hope there's a black version at some point."

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure I'm living my life right and I'm pretty sure that one day I'll move in the direction to hear them.

But at present, they don't fit and I don't love Coheed and Cambria on the completist level.

It's that simple.

Also, I've never seen such devotion to a band that folks are telling me how to live my life in order to make sure I can hear this music.

I have never seen such a thing.

Edited by Battra

15 minutes ago, Battra said:

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure I'm living my life right and I'm pretty sure that one day I'll move in the direction to hear them.

But at present, they don't fit and I don't love Coheed and Cambria on the completist level.

It's that simple.

Also, I've never seen such devotion to a band that folks are telling me how to live my life in order to make sure I can hear this music.

I have never seen such a thing.

I keep wanting to side with Battra then he keeps reminding me this argument has no winners.

Edited by rogeoa8

Agreed, can we all move on now?

Can't believe I missed that pre-order window! Did anyone in Europe manage to get an order in? If so, what was the total with shipping? Just wondering if I'm better off holding out for the inevitable black copy. I want this album but I'm not paying crazy money for it. 

13 minutes ago, Le Gogh said:

Agreed, can we all move on now?

Can't believe I missed that pre-order window! Did anyone in Europe manage to get an order in? If so, what was the total with shipping? Just wondering if I'm better off holding out for the inevitable black copy. I want this album but I'm not paying crazy money for it. 

ALL OF EUROPE is getting 500 copies of the RSD version, so you might, ya know, get lucky?

1 minute ago, Le Gogh said:

Ha, no sweat then, I'll definitely get one! 

Think I'll hold out for the inevitable Amazon listing... 

I mean, we've waited this long. I'm sure they'll press enough that this shit is on the Deals at Amazon thread in a couple of years. I'll snag a black copy then for a pint of blood and two deer skins (at the rate my country is devolving). 

5 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I mean, we've waited this long. I'm sure they'll press enough that this shit is on the Deals at Amazon thread in a couple of years. I'll snag a black copy then for a pint of blood and two deer skins (at the rate my country is devolving). 

Ha, and I thought the UK was the only place going to shit. At least we're not alone! 

Anyway, they know this thing will sell a hell of a lot, so I fully expect them to milk this for all its worth. 

41 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

FINALLY a win for Missouri!

We're making The Louisiana Territory Great Again! Well, as long as animal pelts becomes the new currency. Not only do we know how to do that, I see dead deer on the roads all the time.

Huzzah!

5 minutes ago, Battra said:

FINALLY a win for Missouri!

We're making The Louisiana Territory Great Again! Well, as long as animal pelts becomes the new currency. Not only do we know how to do that, I see dead deer on the roads all the time.

Huzzah!

Start saving them now. It'll get you that SSTB repress in a few years.

In a future where I'm trading deer skins for records, seriously, how good is the selection going to be?

By that time, I'll be WISHING I could hear it and telling dirty children tales of YouTube and how terribly stupid I was for not making the time then.

tumblr_mzzjhw09BV1r6mt8go1_500.gif

Edited by Battra
Better photo.

Just got this email back about my order, so I think those of is that ordered early are in the clear! 

"Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your Email! 

No worries — your order is a pre-order with a release date of 4/21/2017 and since the funds have already been secured, your order will remain "Processing" until we begin shipping about one week prior to arrive on or around the release date  upon which we will send you an email once it has shipped, and all domestic orders will have tracking information. Should you have any additional questions about your order, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Cheers,

Amanda "

Edited by zerohacker

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Damn. That's nice. I did it. The closest show to me is sold out so not going. Anyone care to possibly hook me up w/ a tour copy if able to? We can work it out.

I plan on grabbing one for myslf in Chicago, I know during the IKSSE3 tour they limited them to one per person but I'll see what I can do. I am very good looking so maybe they'll hook me up.

• jhulud locked this topic