Coheed And Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One [2LP] (150 Gram Splatter Vinyl)

51 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Is there anyone here who scored this AND has played it AND can comment on the sound quality?

Yes. See all below:

41 minutes ago, Skacel said:

No, no and no BUT I did read that it sounds pretty fucking good!

^^ IT sounds awesome. For sure. 

28 minutes ago, benjo09 said:

I could only listen at a low level yesterday but sounded pretty nice to me.

^^You have to turn it up next time. It sounds fantastic.

27 minutes ago, zerohacker said:

It's a very good remaster. Everything is clear and crisp. Only listened the whole way through once but it's one of their best sounding records sonically. 

^^ I agree it is clean, clear, and crisp. No noise and very awesome. I think, for the most part, it's not a noticeable remaster like IKS. It just sounds better.

17 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Sound quality is great. Especially considering how much music is on each side.

^^I was shocked at that too, especially on LP1. The Willing Wells weren't too bad.

12 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I managed to get a tour copy last week (friend picked it up in Seattle and mailed it priority) and it sounds amazing. Much better remaster than the IKS reissue

So much better.

It looks like they really crammed the A and B sides of this. I like the idea of the whole The Willing Well being contained on just a single LP but it seems like they could have borrowed a little space on side C to have at least one lead up song to The Willing Well. Still, if people say it sounds good I'll assume they did the due diligence to balance everything.

Thanks for all the replies. 

More often than not, I won't drop more than a couple bucks on the pretty pressings...

Though in the past week I did that twice...Dead Register's debut on sea foam and Steve Vai's Passion and Warfare on clear...though I thought the P&W came with Modern Primitive...so I thought I was getting both of those albums.

But dropping that kind of cash...$200+...for a single album...Records are like beanie babies, man, buy them coz you love them. Not because you think you're going to retire.

The bottom's gonna drop out of the market, like it always does.

39 minutes ago, Battra said:

More often than not, I won't drop more than a couple bucks on the pretty pressings...

Though in the past week I did that twice...Dead Register's debut on sea foam and Steve Vai's Passion and Warfare on clear...though I thought the P&W came with Modern Primitive...so I thought I was getting both of those albums.

But dropping that kind of cash...$200+...for a single album...Records are like beanie babies, man, buy them coz you love them. Not because you think you're going to retire.

The bottom's gonna drop out of the market, like it always does.

We told you months ago that this was one of the most coveted records by them, but your stubborn ass was hung up on the Afterman releases. It's not surprising in the least that these are selling for $200+. I just wish I had the (lack of) heart to put my copy up for that kinda money. Almost $200 profit would be great. 

3 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

We told you months ago that this was one of the most coveted records by them, but your stubborn ass was hung up on the Afterman releases. It's not surprising in the least that these are selling for $200+. I just wish I had the (lack of) heart to put my copy up for that kinda money. Almost $200 profit would be great. 

Well, it's a little surprising in that there are probably some number of copies of this variant still available at retail, and also that there is at least one more confirmed variant coming this week (as well as a "standard" black if I were a betting man).

4 minutes ago, tape said:

Well, it's a little surprising in that there are probably some number of copies of this variant still available at retail, and also that there is at least one more confirmed variant coming this week (as well as a "standard" black if I were a betting man).

Bullmoose said themselves that a black pressing was coming. There may be copies out there are retail but there can't be many. We have two participating shops here, and only 4 copies were stocked between the two places. Tons of copies of other sought after shit though. I'm not surprised at the price on that eBay auction because Coheed fans are fuckin' insane. They fall in the area of punk rock/comic book/science fiction fandom that has bred a ridiculous type of super fan. 

2 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm not surprised at the price on that eBay auction because Coheed fans are fuckin' insane.

Also, fuckin' lazy/dumb. You can find Buy It Now on the album for ~$100 on eBay, even cheaper on Discogs, and some sites still have it in stock. Granted it'd come from EU, but still $150+ less than what they spent.

Just now, dantheriver said:

Is there something special about the download code with this? Demos? B sides?  I can't figure out why people are stressing about the download code for a 12 year old album. It's on every streaming service and I'm sure google could find a non official link for you guys if you really need to download it.

I always use download codes (unless it's identical). This is remastered, so I imagine the digital would be too. 

• jhulud locked this topic