PO Now: Mastodon - Emperor of Sand

I really like the cover and the return to form of the first four albums lettering style for the title and band logo. The short clip of the first track is promising. I like where its headed. I like them with a unifying concept for the songs. Music feels sort of like Crack The Skye and Blood Mountain just from the clip. Looking forward to hearing the full song and full album eventually. I will likely actually pre-order this its reasonable.

6 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I really like the cover and the return to form of the first four albums lettering style for the title and band logo. The short clip of the first track is promising. I like where its headed. I like them with a unifying concept for the songs. Music feels sort of like Crack The Skye and Blood Mountain just from the clip. Looking forward to hearing the full song and full album eventually. I will likely actually pre-order this its reasonable.

Agreed on all fronts.

27 minutes ago, morfiend said:

That sounds pretty good. I think I'm in for a pre-order if Warner doesn't price these crazy high. 

If they do I hope they make it worth it at least, lithographs and quadruple gatefold did not justify the price. The link to their current tour said that for every 2 tickets got you a physical copy of the album, I hope that includes a vinyl option but I'm not hopeful.

The new single rips, can't wait.

1 hour ago, clerk3745 said:

If they do I hope they make it worth it at least, lithographs and quadruple gatefold did not justify the price. The link to their current tour said that for every 2 tickets got you a physical copy of the album, I hope that includes a vinyl option but I'm not hopeful.

The new single rips, can't wait.

It's CD or digital. 

1 minute ago, Reshiram454 said:

When they started the colored reissues of all the Warner records, they said there was gonna be a boxset containing all of them, it was due out last December, but I guess it never happened.

I was more referring to the fact that supposive isn't a word, though I also hadn't heard much about that boxset.

2lp 180 Gram with color your own jacket 35.99$ http://mastodon.warnerbrosrecords.com/emperor-of-sand-bonus-color-in-vinyl-jacket.html

Track listing:
Sultan’s Curse
Show Yourself
Precious Stones
Steambreather 
Eons
Word To The Wise
Ancient Kingdom
Clandestiny 
Andromeda
Scorpion Breath 
Jaguar God

Edited by Reshiram454

23 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

2lp 180 Gram with color your own jacket 35.99$ http://mastodon.warnerbrosrecords.com/emperor-of-sand-bonus-color-in-vinyl-jacket.html

Track listing:
Sultan’s Curse
Show Yourself
Precious Stones
Steambreather 
Eons
Word To The Wise
Ancient Kingdom
Clandestiny 
Andromeda
Scorpion Breath 
Jaguar God

"Hey guys, you know what seems like a great idea? Let's package this with sharp colored pencils that if we shrink wrap them with the record will also almost surly warp it!"

I also just question who their target demo is with that bonus. Five year olds? Young hipster girls?

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

48 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

Track listing:
Sultan’s Curse
Show Yourself
Precious Stones
Steambreather 
Eons
Word To The Wise
Ancient Kingdom
Clandestiny 
Andromeda
Scorpion Breath 
Jaguar God

That's kind of Dissapointing, I actually really liked how 'Once More 'Round the Sun' deluxe vinyl was packaged the gatefold was beautiful, and got a CD copy with it. As a bigger fan of colored vinyl I was really hoping this album was gonna get a colored release, but I guess I can deal with the semi coloring book page.

53 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm really hoping for a standard retail edition also. I'll say that I approve of the color choice on this and I hope it will be available without the extra crap for a cheaper price soon. 

Already up at Amazon UK (although the price is far too high). I think it's safe to say this is getting a wider release.

Emperor of Sand [VINYL] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MYCILAW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_GMWIybQ2Z2XKH

Looking forward to this! New single is pretty good, and I've enjoyed every album these guys have put out since day one.