Record Store Day 2017

3 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Actually my local shop had a newly released bootleg of that at last years RSD. At first I thought it was RSD release, was a pretty decent pressing too 

I heard about bootleg. But I prefer not to buy them(the quality is too unstable).

+I hope that they will do something special for one of the best albums ever made(imo)

3 hours ago, ASSARTOSE said:

I heard about bootleg. But I prefer not to buy them(the quality is too unstable).

+I hope that they will do something special for one of the best albums ever made(imo)

I have an original, and it's well worth the price if you can find a reasonable seller. The sound on it is fantastic.

11 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

I have an original, and it's well worth the price if you can find a reasonable seller. The sound on it is fantastic.

I would totally buy original if I could, but thanks to political world conflicts In last 2 years $ became two times more expensive to Ruble(it was $1 to 32RUB, now it's $1 to 63+new law adding 18% to every transaction) and I simply cant afford to buy $150-200($300-400 converted to old $ cost)(+$15 shipping+18% tax) records. When your salary is $700 per month :D. So I hope and pray for at least $40 repress)

On 1/26/2017 at 1:06 PM, mattycakes said:

Thou will have a collab release with The Body.

"Our upcoming release for 2017 will be with our pals Chip and Lee from The Body and will include an original track and a Big Star cover. "

Haha, fuck yes. Finally something legit comes out on record store day.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:58 AM, ajhall04 said:

Actually, found it. 

New Release: 

Various Artists - Music from the Motion Picture Kazaam (Genie shaped glow-in-the-dark picture disc commemorating Shaq's blockbuster movie. One time pressing signed and numbered copies out of 1000, each with a Shaquille O'Neal trading card and genie plastic charm).

Seriously, would buy this shit in a second... Not for the soundtrack but the trading card!

"Record Store Day is not about major labels cashing in on their enthusiastic collector base via unnecessary, readily available reissues and in turn preventing or delaying the pressing of more worthwhile releases from smaller labels at other times of the year. Period."

-Sean Spicer

29 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

"Record Store Day is not about major labels cashing in on their enthusiastic collector base via unnecessary, readily available reissues and in turn preventing or delaying the pressing of more worthwhile releases from smaller labels at other times of the year. Period."

-Sean Spicer

Sure its not just about the unnecessary readily available re-issues, sometimes its about making finite copies of long out of print and highly demanded releases and using their limited availability to price gouge the customer.

I'm feeling super burnt out on RSD this year. Our best record store is in a little market that opens all their doors at the same time, so regardless of the queue in place people halfway back are able to sprint across and cut in. Last year, being fourth in the queue, and desperate to get the Mew LP, I made a bit of a scene. Luckily the guy who runs the store knows me! That Mew LP  was available on pretty much every store online for weeks afterwards, so it all felt a bit like wasted stress. There'll have to be something pretty amazing and out of the ordina-

On 27/01/2017 at 3:58 PM, ajhall04 said:

Various Artists - Music from the Motion Picture Kazaam (Genie shaped glow-in-the-dark picture disc commemorating Shaq's blockbuster movie. One time pressing signed and numbered copies out of 1000, each with a Shaquille O'Neal trading card and genie plastic charm).

-and I'm back in the game.