Record Store Day 2017

On the subject of the well received Kazaam vinyl, I heard this year they're releasing :

"Music from the Motion Picture Kazaam Part II - Electric Boogaloo", the lesser known direct-to-VHS sequel starring Ex-NBA fat man Oliver Miller in the title role. This one's shaped like a hamburger & pressed on ketchup and mustard scented vinyl. Each copy comes with a pre-addressed envelope in which you place a personal check made out to the former Mavericks star and he cashes it out to buy Twinkies and a Snuggie.

Just got a mysterious email tipping me off to a new RSD release to be announced soon:

Hot on the heels of previous RSD smash-hit releases, Warner Brothers are excited to announce a one-time only, Record Store Day-exclusive release of "Yakety Sax", the unstoppable force of musical fun as made famous on "The Benny Hill Show". Lovingly pressed on a single-sided, 5", saxophone-shaped  picture disc, and stored in a pristine PVC sleeve, this new release signals an exciting new trend in comedy music finding its way back to the hearts and minds of the public. Available for $25, limited pressing of 7,500.

Anyone else going to be queuing up at 4:30am this year?

Black Angels new album out on RSD

http://www.puresalemguitars.com/christian-bland-of-the-black-angels-attack-captain-interview/

Question: Any final words you would like to share?

The Black Angels new record is hitting the shelves on Record Store Day 2017, so all y’all be sure to pick up a copy. There’ll be a black light version special for RSD with a glowing disc, and the first pressing (which is different than the black light RSD version) will have a limited edition cover that every other pressing thereafter won’t have. It’s 11 songs about life and death.

11 hours ago, Kyte30351 said:

I had read somewhere relatin' to The Felice Brothers (maybe the Frankie's Gun forum?) that possibly their album "Tonight At the Arizona" might see a rerelease this RSD. Anyone heard anythin' related to this? I'd love to own that album, but aftermarket prices are way to high fer me.

The "Country Ham" 7-inch came out last year.

It is AZ's 10 year anniversary.

Maybe? 

I would like to see "Felice Navidad"

on vinyl for Black Friday too. ;)

a little early but is there any RSD release this year that would be like really really awesome and valuable to add to my collection, maybe grow it a bit. something that would make jaws drop and something everyone would want to own that would be very rare and become very valuable?

3 minutes ago, tug said:

a little early but is there any RSD release this year that would be like really really awesome and valuable to add to my collection, maybe grow it a bit. something that would make jaws drop and something everyone would want to own that would be very rare and become very valuable?

Please stop. 

43 minutes ago, tug said:

Yes. Definitely this: 

Various Artists - Music from the Motion Picture Kazaam (Genie shaped glow-in-the-dark picture disc commemorating Shaq's blockbuster movie. One time pressing signed and numbered copies out of 1000, each with a Shaquille O'Neal trading card and genie plastic charm).

per the jason isbell tour announcement email...
An exclusive vinyl release, Live from Welcome to 1979, will also be available on Record Store Day. The 6-song EP was recorded direct to lacquer in November.

Live from Welcome to 1979 Tracklist

Side A
1. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
2. Storm Windows
3. Heart on A String

Side B
1. Atlantic City
2. Sway
3. Never Gonna Change