Record Store Day 2017

41 minutes ago, museummouth said:

True but the few leaks so far have been some of the worst stuff ever. Hoping they're hiding all the good things.

How great would it be to have a stacked RSD again? If they drop something like a Mars Volta box set.

More likely to get a 18 record set of omar guitar chirping and noise 

29 minutes ago, yancey47 said:

Copper Blue 25th Anniversary 3XLP!

Whaaat. I'm hoping this is 45 RPM and not just another reissue with more stuff attatched. 

If a studio version of After All The Roads Have Led To Nowhere is on this I'd get it (I already have two pressings). Hell, I'd go for a non-electric live version. It's criminal that a song that good only exists as a not very good live electric version. I saw it played live with acoustic guitar, bass and percussion and I used to have a cassette bootleg with a similar performance on. I have no idea what happened to it and it's never showed up on any bootleg I've found online.

All that said, I think the Sugar unreleased music vein has been thoroughly mined. There will be something extra - a 45 minutes, 10 song record doesn't justify 3lps.

8 hours ago, Sanspants said:

If that list is true, I'm honestly excited about Fawlty Towers picture disc. 

What would this be? A repress of one of the late 70s LPs that contained a couple edited episodes from the series? Wouldn't think there'd be much demand for a pic disc of that. Even in Merry Ole. Not when there's sealed copies of the originals going for less than $10.

4 hours ago, docbronze said:

What would this be? A repress of one of the late 70s LPs that contained a couple edited episodes from the series? Wouldn't think there'd be much demand for a pic disc of that. Even in Merry Ole. Not when there's sealed copies of the originals going for less than $10.

Good question. I didn't know they had episode LPs until I looked it up yesterday. There's a cached listing on Bullmoose. It's a $25 RSD import, but no other details. The only music FT had was the theme, so I guess a $25 RSD import 7" picture disc isn't out of the question. 

19 hours ago, ExtraFox said:

If a studio version of After All The Roads Have Led To Nowhere is on this I'd get it (I already have two pressings). Hell, I'd go for a non-electric live version. It's criminal that a song that good only exists as a not very good live electric version. I saw it played live with acoustic guitar, bass and percussion and I used to have a cassette bootleg with a similar performance on. I have no idea what happened to it and it's never showed up on any bootleg I've found online.

All that said, I think the Sugar unreleased music vein has been thoroughly mined. There will be something extra - a 45 minutes, 10 song record doesn't justify 3lps.

It will probably be the album on one record and then the Cabaret Metro July 1992 live show on the second and third records.