Record Store Day 2017

23 minutes ago, daegor said:
  1. Start a topic on RSD way too early in the year.
  2. Bitch and moan about how bad it is and how you hope there's nothing you want this year.
  3. Argue about whether or not an early leak is legit.
  4. State that RSD is dead based of the early leak and that you're happy you don't have to go.
  5. Bitch and moan about how RSD backs up pressing plants and how it is ruining the vinyl industry with worthless represses.
  6. Another leak, be excited about 1-2 releases.
  7. Official list, complain about 'RSD First' releases.
  8. Day of, endless discussion on what you got and what you didn't get, and can you help me find DMB????
  9. Bitch and moan.
  10. Repeat next year.

This should be posted on instructibles as "How to RSD"

Edited by RobertSmith

I joined this place about a year ago because of the banter in a RSD thread. It may be formulaic but I like seeing what people are excited for. If I was really the type to bore of repetitive discussions this place would have gotten unendurable a long time ago.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

24 minutes ago, daegor said:
  2. Bitch and moan about how bad it is and how you hope there's nothing you want this year.
  4. State that RSD is dead based of the early leak and that you're happy you don't have to go.
  5. Bitch and moan about how RSD backs up pressing plants and how it is ruining the vinyl industry with worthless represses.
  8. Day of, endless discussion on what you got and what you didn't get, and can you help me find DMB????
  9. Bitch and moan.
  10. Repeat next year.

7.9 . Still go to the Record Store on RSD or buy RSD releases online that weekend. 

5 minutes ago, ethereal said:

if you really want to help this thread stop bumping it until the official list gets released 

pre/rumored list convo's are cancerous and never lead anywhere 

I disagree. Rarely, are these rumors wrong. This thread is meant for opinions, humor and yes, rumours. It keeps the discussion interesting and exciting.

55 minutes ago, daegor said:
  9. Bitch and moan.
  10. Repeat next year.

Awww cmon man! 86 days isn't too early!!! Lol :)

We aren't really assuming anything. The lists have already been sent out from distributors to stores. The list will change a little bit though. Things are always added and dropped right up until the last minute.

But I said from the beginning that leaked list isn't complete and doesn't cover everything. The current list has more than 400 titles and I don't think the leaked list that was linked to on here covers anything close to that. But I didn't do a full count or comparison.

2 minutes ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

We aren't really assuming anything. The lists have already been sent out from distributors to stores. The list will change a little bit though. Things are always added and dropped right up until the last minute.

But I said from the beginning that leaked list isn't complete and doesn't cover everything. The current list has more than 400 titles and I don't think the leaked list that was linked to on here covers anything close to that. But I didn't do a full count or comparison.

There's 231 titles. I exported the reddit text to Excel

On 3/7/2017 at 4:36 PM, Kanye West said:

Nice work. So yeah, about half of the list is out there. But I think the leaked list is mostly accurate. There were maybe one or two titles on the leaked list that I don't remember seeing on the official list. That could mean that those are wrong or they are regional titles. But either way, none of those titles are among the titles that many of you seem excited about.

Edited by got PTSD from RSD

With the Flowers In The Dirt Archive Collection edition’s March 24th release date via  MPL/Capitol/UMe fast approaching, Paul McCartney has confirmed a very special Record Store Day exclusive. 

To commemorate Record Store Day this April 22nd, a limited edition three-song cassette of Paul and Elvis Costello's Flowers In The Dirt demos will be made available at participating RSD stores. 

The limited edition cassette-only release will be the first time these recordings--I Don’t Want To Confess, Shallow Grave and Mistress And Maid—will be made available in the same form as when Paul and Elvis first cut them directly to tape.

Speaking about these tracks Paul said:  “The demos are red hot off the skillet and that’s why we wanted to include them on this boxed set. What’s great about these songs is that they’ve just been written. So there’s nothing more hot off the skillet as I say. So that was the kind of great instant thing about them.  I hadn’t listened to them in ages but when I did I knew we had to put them out. We made a little tape of them and sent them to Elvis, who loved them too. We said we should put out an EP or something and now the moment’s finally arrived.”

18 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Gotdam I literally only have mild interest in that Thrice 7".  Not one other thing so far is something I'd even bother picking up simply to participate in the day.  Might just turn into a "who is having good sales on regular stuff" day.

If you lived in my area, you'd be pumped. My local's anniversary is the week before RSD, so they do 20% off new stuff, 50% off used, and have crap ton of other deals in celebration. They're already reasonable (unless discogs is fetching a pretty penny on something used, even then it's lower) so it's pretty dope. Good luck out there!

3 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

If you lived in my area, you'd be pumped. My local's anniversary is the week before RSD, so they do 20% off new stuff, 50% off used, and have crap ton of other deals in celebration. They're already reasonable (unless discogs is fetching a pretty penny on something used, even then it's lower) so it's pretty dope. Good luck out there!

Yeah I'll definitely have to be on the look out.  I know the places I usually visit don't really do extra sales so I might have to look for a new place this year.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:39 PM, frutiger75 said:

unless she committed to lolla very recently, she won't be in the lineup when the announcement is made in less than two weeks.  

90% of lolla 2017 was booked by the end of last summer (well, october), and st. vincent was nowhere to be found...

in any event, i know for a fact that her album is finished (many other reports can corroborate), because i've heard a few tracks already.  it all comes down to whatever the hell she has planned for the release.

Oh shit. What did they sound like? And why the delay? The lack of shows makes me think it isn't dropping until the fall or next year. I wonder if she pulls a Beyonce or Radiohead and drops it by surprise.

Her profile is bigger than its ever been (especially coming off the relationship she was in), I could see a surprise release. But seeing as we are hitting May/June release announcements, maybe we'll hear something in the next couple weeks. 

I cant imagine her sitting on the album into the fall or next year if it is done:

Edited by timsimmons

Just checked FAB again and there's five pages worth of stuff now.  So might be worth another look. 

These are new:

Cocteau Twins - Milk And Kisses 2LP (Milk coloured vinyl*) *I'm assuming that's just plain old white
Cocteau Twins - Four Calendar Cafe 2LP (Midnight Blue vinyl)