Record Store Day 2017

3 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Just checked FAB again and there's five pages worth of stuff now.  So might be worth another look. 

These are new:

Cocteau Twins - Milk And Kisses 2LP (Milk coloured vinyl*) *I'm assuming that's just plain old white
Cocteau Twins - Four Calendar Cafe 2LP (Midnight Blue vinyl)

oh shit, I just might be making an international order this year. Love me some twins and those 2 are way too pricey for originals

1 hour ago, Boourns said:

Oh shit. What did they sound like? And why the delay? The lack of shows makes me think it isn't dropping until the fall or next year. I wonder if she pulls a Beyonce or Radiohead and drops it by surprise.

ephemeral is a good adjective to describe all things st. vincent.

the tracks i heard (a month or two ago) were mixed, but not yet mastered. she has a ton of material, too -- way more than for a full length LP -- and (as of a month ago) she was having a hard time coming up with a final tracklist...but she finally settled on one.

everything must be taken with a grain of salt, though, because i'm told she might be walking back her final decision (i.e. she may have had second thoughts within the last few weeks). with commitments to film festivals and such that have kept her busy over the last couple months, i wouldn't be surprised if she simply hasn't had the time to pull all the necessary triggers to press on with a full release in the immediate future (i.e. next month).  my best guess is that if she releases anything for RSD, it'll be a 7" or 10" single or some such in advance of an album later this year. 

btw, the tracks i heard sound very different from those on her last LP. hard to articulate how to describe them, though.

41 minutes ago, frutiger75 said:

the tracks i heard (a month or two ago) were mixed, but not yet mastered. she has a ton of material, too -- way more than for a full length LP -- and (as of a month ago) she was having a hard time coming up with a final tracklist...but she finally settled on one.

everything must be taken with a grain of salt, though, because i'm told she might be walking back her final decision (i.e. she may have had second thoughts within the last few weeks). with commitments to film festivals and such that have kept her busy over the last couple months, i wouldn't be surprised if she simply hasn't had the time to pull all the necessary triggers to press on with a full release in the immediate future (i.e. next month).  my best guess is that if she releases anything for RSD, it'll be a 7" or 10" single or some such in advance of an album later this year. 

btw, the tracks i heard sound very different from those on her last LP. hard to articulate how to describe them, though.

We get it, youre Annie. Just release the album already!

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Just checked FAB again and there's five pages worth of stuff now.  So might be worth another look. 

These are new:

Cocteau Twins - Milk And Kisses 2LP (Milk coloured vinyl*) *I'm assuming that's just plain old white

What's the source on this/can you link me? If this is true I might actually faint.

2 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

These are new:

Please don't play with my emotions.

10 hours ago, frutiger75 said:

Very interesting, thanks. Fascinated by the back and forth on a tracklisting. I hope the stuff that doesn't make it at least gets released later. May I ask how you've been able to access the secret songs of the almighty?

Itching for another tour, as well. How's she going to top the last one? I mean:

tlxSlTD.jpg

1 hour ago, moonshiner said:

I think Karen Elson might have something for RSD. I know she has a small fanbase, but she's releasing a new record soon and has a past history of participating. Plus, her ties to Third Man and all.

You can preorder her new record now, its neither a RSD release nor being released through TMR.  However, she is playing a show at TMR (not on RSD though).

Edited by stl_ben

47 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

You can preorder her new record now, its neither a RSD release nor being released through TMR.  However, she is playing a show at TMR (not on RSD though).

I knew that, but she also loves releasing ltd. edition 7"s so I thought we might get one of those. Her PO for "Double Roses" is actually pretty cheap on Amazon ($17-ish, I think).

In the land of "maybe", it looks like The Cure are releasing both their Greatest Hits and Acoustic Hits as picture discs for RSD 2017.  If this is true, I finally found something that I absolutely must have!   

Per a Cure Fan Site:  A few days ago, Universal Italy had a link to their ftp site posted, and listed two Cure vinyl releases for Record Store Day 2017. One was a remastered picture disc of 'Greatest Hits', the other a picture disc of 'Acoustic Hits'. They've since been removed, but looks good that they will actually get released this year. And there are listings for them on Amazon Italy and France. Only question is whether it's a UK/Europe only release, or will be available everywhere? Also, just how limited will they be?

Acoustic%2BHits%2BRSD.jpg

Greatest%2BHits%2BRSD.jpg

33 minutes ago, axisrecapital said:

In the land of "maybe", it looks like The Cure are releasing both their Greatest Hits and Acoustic Hits as picture discs for RSD 2017.  If this is true, I finally found something that I absolutely must have!   

Per a Cure Fan Site:  A few days ago, Universal Italy had a link to their ftp site posted, and listed two Cure vinyl releases for Record Store Day 2017. One was a remastered picture disc of 'Greatest Hits', the other a picture disc of 'Acoustic Hits'. They've since been removed, but looks good that they will actually get released this year. And there are listings for them on Amazon Italy and France. Only question is whether it's a UK/Europe only release, or will be available everywhere? Also, just how limited will they be?

Acoustic%2BHits%2BRSD.jpg

Greatest%2BHits%2BRSD.jpg

3250 of each and yes they are available in the US.

18 hours ago, museummouth said:

Would be all about those Cure LPs....if they weren't picture disc.

Yeah if there was more on the list I wanted and these were just plain old black I'd have definitely thrown them onto my list even though I have my favourite cure albums already on wax. As it goes Fab.ca is currently listing 300 items when you search and none of them are enough to have me lose a night of sleep. London is generally crazy for RSD so the last one I went to I got there at 9pm the day before and still wasn't first in line. 

New additions some may care about:
Disney's Moana: How Far Will I Go/You're Welcome Picture Disc 10" (I know I've seen people discuss collecting these)

Star Wars: A New Hope 40th Anniversary Ltd Ed 10" (again not for me but people go nuts for star wars)

The Who - Quadrophenia 2LP (Parka Green)

Rob Zombie - God's On Voodoo Moon 7" 

1 minute ago, museummouth said:

At least The Cure picture discs have actual jackets vs just plastic.  If Greatest Hits is cheap I'll get the main one since that track list is amazing and has a great flow for a compilation. 

Yeah i agree the flow is great. I'm not against having compilations on vinyl either, still not enough to have me camping out on the street for just this n maybe the Cocteau Twins bits. If the Cure were putting out their self titled I'd definitely be digging out my camp chair though.

11 minutes ago, museummouth said:

At least The Cure picture discs have actual jackets vs just plastic.  If Greatest Hits is cheap I'll get the main one since that track list is amazing and has a great flow for a compilation. 

Suggested retail on those is 31.98. 

These would be a great candidate for a wider release, standard black I'm hoping. Was stoked till I saw they were picture discs. 

From Rough Trade's instagram...

"We are excited to announce the reissue of Elastica's debut album 'Elastica' which came out in March 1995 and went straight to number 1. The album will be released on limited edition vinyl on 22nd April 2017 as part of UK and Ireland @recordstoreday. The special vinyl album package will include a fanzine and flexi disc, which will feature the track “In The City” from their John Peel session."