Record Store Day 2017

1 minute ago, tonyfranciosa said:

Cool. Officially sitting it out this year... first time I've missed a RSD. I'll order that AIC 7" from Discogs in a couple months, but I'll be sure to support my local stores on Sunday post-RSD.

They're gonna appreciate the help placing markdown stickers on all those Goo Goo Dolls boxsets.

It's actually refreshing to see a list full of subpar releases. I think we could all use a break from the fictitious hype that RSD tends to generate.

With that said, I'm probably in for Danny Brown. Coheed was on my radar but I'm probably just going to go for the "D2C" version. Peter Tosh & Sublime would be fun to come across, but I'm not dead set on either.

Sundays & Sunny Day are my priority (along with Coheed if I can't lock in a pre-order copy). Can't believe the Evan Dando is only out of 500, such a bummer. Also stoked on Balance & Composure, Thrice, Snapcase, UGK & Pearl Jam. Really expected this to be a dull year but I'm pleasantly surprised. I'd go for Johnny watson too but I have a feeling I won't want to spend any more money.

6 minutes ago, RobertSmith said:

No Cocteau Twins on the list. Hmmm

They're on the EU/UK list exclusively so you may want to see if anyone you know who's based over here (or elsewhere on the continent) can help you out. 

*Edit*
Word of warning this may wind up being extra expensive before import as I'm guessing a £30 price tag before shipping.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

found this random info about the thrice 7:

1.Sea Change
2.Black Honey (live acoustic at SiriusXM)

This single is released on 7" translucent-blue vinyl featuring two songs. The first is “Sea Change,” the only completed song that didn’t make it onto To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere. The flipside is an acoustic version of “Black Honey” performed by frontman/guitarist Dustin Kensrue and guitarist Teppei Teranishi for a Sirius/XM broadcast.