Record Store Day 2017

Zero interest in the pineapple express soundtrack and Peter Tosh at 30+ haha.. At least the Big L and Sublime is decently priced and looks like the Brother Ali is 3k instead of 1.5 so I will just wait on that as well. The good news is I probably will not be spending too much at least after seeing most of the prices now.

I hope anyone that buys that RTJ tote bag for 23 fucking dollars has it rip on them causing substantial flipping injuries to all the records inside.

I really only want The Sundays, so I hope I get that one... nostalgic connection to it.

I might impulsively get some of the jazz releases like the Bill Evans or Dexter Gordon... not sure yet. 

I did want there to be less tempting options this year, so am happy about that :)

OTOH, yeah the Cocteau Twins releases would've been nice, but I try not to deal with the UK and shipping anymore... we'll see once the online sales show up on if it's still available/reasonable, hahah.

Edited by aekastar

My US list is a "Top Five":

Sunny Day Real Estate -- The Rising Tide Concord Bicycle 2 x LP 2500
David Bowie -- Cracked Actor (Live Los Angeles '74) Parlophone/Rhino 3 x LP 5000
The Sundays Blind -- 25th Anniversary Edition FUGITIVE LP 1500
Field Music -- Tones of Town Memphis Industries LP 650
Air -- Le Soleil Est Pres de Moi Parlophone/Rhino 12" 2000

UK list stuff that I will likely never get a hands on (I'd *kill* for that Elastica reissue):

ELASTICA : ELASTICA – LP + Flexi Disc + Fanzine

Colleen : Colleen Et Les Boîtes À Musique – LP ; Colleen : Les Ondes Silencieuses – LP ; Colleen : The Golden Morning Breaks – LP

Cocteau Twins : Four Calender Café – 2LP ; Cocteau Twins : Milk & Kisses – 2LP

Television Personalities : And Don’t The Kids Just Love It – LP ; Television Personalities : Mummy You’re Not Watching Me – LP ; Television Personalities : The Painted Word – LP ; Television Personalities : They Could Have Been Bigger Than The Beatles – LP

1 hour ago, armadillo01 said:

Colleen : Colleen Et Les Boîtes À Musique – LP ; Colleen : Les Ondes Silencieuses – LP ; Colleen : The Golden Morning Breaks – LP

Television Personalities : They Could Have Been Bigger Than The Beatles – LP

I messed up this edit.... can't type outside the quote now.  I used to have Colleen on my old laptop, might need to stream and see if it's worthy to consider :) 

I saw Television Personalities listed at Bullmoose so it's hopeful that at least that one'll be around in stores for you to get, g'luck! :) 

Edited by aekastar

SDRE - Rising Tide & Space Jam will be the must haves.

A few titles will likely linger at the record store and will browse the rest once I'm satisfied with my priority purchases. I'll also be really bummed if I can't score SDRE. Space Jam soundtrack had some really classic tracks from back when. Super shitty that people on discogs had them going for an arm and a leg when I hear stories of dudes finding that shit in a dollar bin.

Hopefully the complete lack of interest here in the Dark Crystal OST matches with real-world demand. With The Labyrinth getting a wide release later this year, this would make a great companion piece.

then again, I'm kind of a sucker for Trevor Jones soundtracks.

Edited by neo_styles

Fews things I'm interested in (Marcy Playground, Thrice 7", Space Jam, Coheed, SRV) but in reality just going to see what the price will be (which obviously I can assume will be stupid) so I'll probably end up just getting Marcy, Space Jam and Coheed and picking up the new Ty Segall album 

SIDE NOTE: I live in freaking Oklahoma, and the shop I normally go to, although in a big University town, is never that  packed for RSD. Usually can get there about 9am (hour before opening) and be like 20th in line. 

Edited by ethanpricington