Record Store Day 2017

5 minutes ago, pizza face said:

My girlfriend wants me to get bangerz by Miley. I guess it's that and UGK. All year I haven't been scheduled to work Saturday and of course I was scheduled at 8 am but luckily I was able to give my shift up. Not sure what time I want to line up at though. 

You need to have a serious conversation with your gf. Everyone knows Breakout was her best album.

My main interests this year are several 7". The big ones I'd like are Pearl Jam's Singles soundtrack 7" (to add to my singles NB blue vinyl) and Alice In Chains' double 7". Also if possible look for White Zombie Gods On Voodoo Moon EP on blood red.

Perhaps the 12" Badfish from Sublime and the ELP clear vinyl Brain Salad Surgery. Maybe, lol

:D

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm going out early in hopes to score Distillers, cuz I never saw a repress of that happening haha. And I'm also hoping to see my dude @soundofsilver as usual. And this year the wait won't be bad since I can play Zelda the entire time :)

We will be through at some point.  I don't think it will be early.  LL has some local DJs coming through, so we might come through after the initial rush.  My guy is coming down Friday night, we'll decide then.  I wouldn't mind digging, cause there isn't anything on the US list for me

With that being said, to anyone across the pond - If you feel like picking up that Idris Muhammad release for me, you will be rewarded for your time.   Thanks!

Did anyone else do a Strictly Discs wishlist this year? I usually throw a few items in my request list and they usually get back to me about a week before RSD to request payment details. 

Haven't heard from them yet and my entire request has been wiped out on the site... wondering if anyone else experienced the same. :o

Edited by tonyfranciosa

1 hour ago, tonyfranciosa said:

Did anyone else do a Strictly Discs wishlist this year? I usually throw a few items in my request list and they usually get back to me about a week before RSD to request payment details. 

Haven't heard from them yet and my entire request has been wiped out on the site... wondering if anyone else experienced the same. :o

Angie from Strictly Discs reached out a few days ago. She sent the usual "Will you be attending RSD this year? If not, please update your payment info"

email. I believe the deadline to do this was Saturday or Sunday night.

21 minutes ago, The Taint Tickler said:

I'd be surprised if you weren't able to get this online. We've got a handful of copies in and there's been zero interest shown in it so far.

Lol, I'm not surprised there hasn't been any interest. Do you think you can possibly  help me out?

Edited by Pupples

14 hours ago, sogross said:

Angie from Strictly Discs reached out a few days ago. She sent the usual "Will you be attending RSD this year? If not, please update your payment info"

email. I believe the deadline to do this was Saturday or Sunday night.

Mine is gone and I responded within 5 minutes of Angies email

Weird

I haven't really done the wake up early for RSD thing in a few years and I'm trying to gauge something by your comments about it getting worse overall. Does 2500 copies of Sunny Day Real Estate mean I have to wake up early and get in line? It's all I want. In past years all 3 stores I like in this city would have really long lines by the time the stores open. Thanks.

On 4/5/2017 at 10:26 AM, jackshidt said:

This guy has already pre-sold 230 individual RSD titles at very high prices:

Ebay Seller with RSD presales

That's nuts. I saw someone (probably the same guy) selling a dick ton of the Sia Spotify Sessions for "Make An Offer" prices. I kept offering $4, but he wasn't into my game.

Edited by MyckelJay
extra comma, oops.