Record Store Day 2017

2 hours ago, fish said:

I want those 2 albums as well. Looks like they are retailing around 30 pounds. But I've seen no reference anywhere as to how limited they are to get an idea of how easy they'll be found after rsd.

Information I have is 750 (each) for the UK. I expect they'll be on sale elsewhere in Europe, so maybe 1000 each.

1 hour ago, aphasias said:

Well I just saved a bunch of money this weekend as I planned buying a couple of these. I hope the case goes well for Spacemen 3. I'd love to see more legitimate reissues of this material.

Yup, same thing with Cocteau Twins. That band didn't even know of their two represses; strong indication they're not getting their meagre cut. Always side with artists; the ones who make pennies on the dollar for record sales in the best of circumstances.

3 minutes ago, kannibal said:

I'll have to research the case before taking a side. I don't like siding with anything blindly, and music rights cases are no different. 

Yeah, oftentimes these cases turn out to be that the band just made a poor decision when they were younger and are having a tough time living with it now.

I'd normally listen to both sides but Space Age hasn't said a thing and the articles that are out there make it pretty clear the band thinks the royalties aren't being reported correctly (not that they signed a bad deal or whatever, but that the label owner is deliberately misreporting the numbers) so it's clear cut to me unless the label comes out and defends itself. 

1 hour ago, armadillo01 said:

Yup, same thing with Cocteau Twins. That band didn't even know of their two represses; strong indication they're not getting their meagre cut. Always side with artists; the ones who make pennies on the dollar for record sales in the best of circumstances.

I saw that the 3 of them were not aware of these releases, but Simon ended up saying that it was all approved. So I don't feel as bad buying them as I would the Spaceman 3 releases

2 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I was intrigued by that but not enough to brave the craziness that is London RSD. Happy to see its all live cuts. Makes it that much easier to pass up.

Yeah, was weighing up if I need this since I'm not too crazy about live records...but my record store got one, reserved it for me, it's only 15€ and I have store credit...and I'll skip the 2xLP live in Bulgaria :D

Amoeba has a short video of their Record Store Day process up on Facebook.  I don't know if you have to be on Facebook to see it or not.

www.facebook.com/amoeba/videos/10155426280098816/

Amoeba has also confirmed they will post their unsold items on the website beginning at 5:00AM PST Sunday, April 23. 

Edited by jackshidt