Record Store Day 2017

4 minutes ago, museummouth said:

I'm on mobile!

I'm just teasing. His location is "Funkytown." So, it's obviously a reference to one of the most profound sets of lyrics to ever come out of the 1970's. 

What has happened to good music?

Edit: Upon further, in-depth investigation, it seems those profound words were a metaphor for New York City (possibly). So, if he is in NYC there is actually a chance that the person "camped out" by his store actually just lives on that patch of sidewalk.

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

1 minute ago, Skacel said:

Haha no not NYC. I'm in UK so it's not too bad. Think they guy was camped out from about 12pm. Banquet tweeted that their queue started at 7am...:wacko:

wow. I'm also going to be a lunatic too. I'm probably going to form up around 2 am. I wont be the first in line, I'm sure. That will provide me with 6 peaceful hours to read, play games on my phone, piss into gatorade bottles, and munch on unhealthy snacks. It'll be a gas!

3 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

wow. I'm also going to be a lunatic too. I'm probably going to form up around 2 am. I wont be the first in line, I'm sure. That will provide me with 6 peaceful hours to read, play games on my phone, piss into gatorade bottles, and munch on unhealthy snacks. It'll be a gas!

So basically, fill Gatorade bottles?

Fair play. I like my bed too much for that shit. I'm only wanting coheed and my shop has 1. I had my hands on it earlier but it's first come first served and I'm not prepared to risk queuing for hours only for someone in front to buy it first. 

Also, there's a tour edition on eBay going for $350 if all else fails.... :lol: (yeah right!)

2 minutes ago, Skacel said:

Fair play. I like my bed too much for that shit. I'm only wanting coheed and my shop has 1. I had my hands on it earlier but it's first come first served and I'm not prepared to risk queuing for hours only for someone in front to buy it first. 

Also, there's a tour edition on eBay going for $350 if all else fails.... :lol: (yeah right!)

That's mainly what I'm in it for. I'm sure they'll hit eBay for fairish prices because of the other presses out there, but I'd rather hear the album in 24 hours as opposed to pay to have it shipped from Montana or some shit. Also, I'm sure they'll confirm later, but it looked like my store had at least 3 copies, in an Instagram post. 

Has anyone done RSD at Soundgarden in Baltimore? The store closest to me got 3 copies of a record that both my buddy and I want. Would soundgarden possibly get considerably more stock since it's a larger store? We're planning on getting there at 6, is it worth driving farther to try soundgarden? Will the long already be long by 6?

3 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

Has anyone done RSD at Soundgarden in Baltimore? The store closest to me got 3 copies of a record that both my buddy and I want. Would soundgarden possibly get considerably more stock since it's a larger store? We're planning on getting there at 6, is it worth driving farther to try soundgarden? Will the long already be long by 6?

I've never been there for RSD but it's a big store and I think they get a ton of stock. From what I know the line starts early there but not insanely early. 

26 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

I see the European dealers are already getting their stuff up.   One has the Coheed LP at a nearly-reasonable price (except for the $25 shipping to the USA).  I have ordered from them before and they are legit.  

It's good to see that the VMP thread isn't the only one being fed affiliate links.

2 minutes ago, billya said:

It's good to see that the VMP thread isn't the only one being fed affiliate links.

Jeez, I saw the listing, I copied the link to share it.  I don't pay attention to the affiliation involved.  Just trying to help ... 

Anyway, if you go to Ebay in Italy, and search, there is a dealer with the Coheed & Cambria RSD album for $35 plus $25 shipping to the USA.

EOM.

1 minute ago, jackshidt said:

Jeez, I saw the listing, I copied the link to share it.  I don't pay attention to the affiliation involved.  Just trying to help ... 

Anyway, if you go to Ebay in Italy, and search, there is a dealer with the Coheed & Cambria RSD album for $35 plus $25 shipping to the USA.

EOM.

And the quickserv part of the link? What's the deal with that?