Record Store Day 2017

7 minutes ago, brillwill said:

there are a few copies of both cocteau twins albums on ebay right now. average price around 50 shipped each. I bought it, and am going to sleep in tomorrow 

Yeah i also caved earlier this morning and grabbed both on ebay for just over $100 shipped. You get yours from c200sc as well?

Edited by fish

Just got word that I won a drawing to be first in line at my local record store.  I get 15 minutes in the store all to myself .  Not really much that I'm after that is in danger of selling out but should make for one of the smoothest RSD experiences yet.

1 hour ago, charles1028 said:

Just got word that I won a drawing to be first in line at my local record store.  I get 15 minutes in the store all to myself .  Not really much that I'm after that is in danger of selling out but should make for one of the smoothest RSD experiences yet.

That's awesome! Now just take bribes from the others in line for where to stash the high-demand records in various bins across the store ;)

Edited by Canuckle

19 minutes ago, charles1028 said:

Just walk up to the singles bin, pull out a lone Kinks reissue and walk up to the counter, exclaiming "All done!"

23 minutes ago, charles1028 said:

When you get to be first in line...... :D

......in a year with no Brand New album in a brown paper bag.   :angry:

16 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Just walk up to the singles bin, pull out a lone Kinks reissue and walk up to the counter, exclaiming "All done!"

I was just going to pick up a used copy of Fonzie's Favorites. 

12 minutes ago, filthyrich said:

When you get to be first in line...... :D

......in a year with no Brand New album in a brown paper bag.   :angry:

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be anything that is too in demand or will be too hard to get.  But, at least I will get to do RSD in about 30 minutes.  

5 minutes ago, yougotredonyou said:

Hey if anyone in the UK knows of a store that has The Cribs Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever 10th Anniversary Edition, can you let me know? Would gladly cover the costs of it and shipping if someone that didn't want it could grab it. Really appreciate it!

Are you UK based?

1 hour ago, charles1028 said:

I'm confused about the 15 minutes alone thing. Do they have their RSD stuff in the general bins? My store has everthing behind the counter. No one looks at the bins unless they are bored standing in line in the store. 

Edited by turk99

13 minutes ago, turk99 said:

I'm confused about the 15 minutes alone thing. Do they have their RSD stuff in the general bins? My store has everthing behind the counter. No one looks at the bins unless they are bored standing in line in the store. 

I have a few locals that I frequent and they all do it a bit different but they all have the RSD stuff out for everyone to browse through rather than having them behind the counter.  They aren't integrated with the other stock but are consolidated to specific bins.  

Edited by charles1028

Anyone know roughly how many of Sunny Day Real Estate's Rising Tide made their way to Canada? 2,500 pressed, most are in the US I assume. My local shop ordered it but didn't get it (yet?). As a safety I asked my sister to get one as she lives in a bigger city (Halifax, NS) that is getting a copy or copies. I'm just hoping enough to satisfy the potential masses.