Record Store Day 2017

1 minute ago, djghost1976 said:

I was a little surprised considering the list isn't that great this year (at least for hard to get items).   The moment I walked up, I thought "What the hell am I doing?".  But I do it every year, so gotta keep tradition alive.  And get my free donuts too.

I almost slept in but I have a friend meeting me here at like 7, and it's his first RSD so I didn't wanna bail on him. Being first definitely makes it worthwhile though. Now I'm just waiting on someone else to show up so I can my Nintendo Switch out of the car. I'm terrified I'll get mugged so my wallet and everything is locked in my car 20 feet away haha. 

3 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I almost slept in but I have a friend meeting me here at like 7, and it's his first RSD so I didn't wanna bail on him. Being first definitely makes it worthwhile though. Now I'm just waiting on someone else to show up so I can my Nintendo Switch out of the car. I'm terrified I'll get mugged so my wallet and everything is locked in my car 20 feet away haha. 

People have actual tents here, so no way I was getting first - haha.  Good luck and don't get mugged!

Pitched up at my local store at 1040. They had very little (they closed and reopened under a new name in the last year) but the new owner seems to have followed his predecessor's example and set his prices higher than anywhere else I've seen online.

Got a Kate Nash for someone here and Cocteau Twins Milk And Kisses and Four-Calendar Cafe for the board. PM me if you are interested.

@GhostTrail - I will keep my eyes and ears open for a copy.

Barbie Girls everywhere. Expect there to be plenty online next weekend.

37 minutes ago, ExtraFox said:

Pitched up at my local store at 1040. They had very little (they closed and reopened under a new name in the last year) but the new owner seems to have followed his predecessor's example and set his prices higher than anywhere else I've seen online.

Got a Kate Nash for someone here and Cocteau Twins Milk And Kisses and Four-Calendar Cafe for the board. PM me if you are interested.

@GhostTrail - I will keep my eyes and ears open for a copy.

Barbie Girls everywhere. Expect there to be plenty online next weekend.

PM on Cocteau Twins!

My friend was queuing at the shop I usually visit so I went to another one and we agreed to pick up each other's want list items. 

He got 2 things (flaming lips and stooges) and I got fuck all from my list.

Ended up picking up The Cribs and Iron & Wine because fuck queuing for 2 hours and not getting anything :lol:

I have eBay orders for Coheed and The Cure picture discs tho and they were reasonably priced tbf (excluding shipping).

Got mostly everything I wanted at bullmoose and picked up stuff for some people.  I caved and got the Alice in chains 2 x 7"

Was about to go to a Flea market then I decided to stop at Newbury comics and they had one last copy of UGK. Didn't get Coheed but not too worried about that. 

Fucking stoked on UGK, didn't think I was gonna get one especially since they aren't even on sleezebay.