Record Store Day 2017

This is a link to a priced UK list from Piccadilly Records (all prices in GBP).  I saw some interesting things (for instance, the Bruce Springsteen is less expensive than the Iggy Pop, and it is much less expensive than the price in the USA).

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/RSD_2017_Product_List_PICCADILLY_RECORDS.pdf

BTW, my sense is that Ebay listings are way down this year, by at least 1/3 or so.  Pre-sales were way down as well.

Every year I am around the computer this morning at exactly the same time trying to decide whether to go out shopping and which store to hit first.  Definitely fewer listings on EBay so far than years past.

Walked in a few hours after opening and they couldn't find any copies of the Space Jam OST :o. I am going to check a few sites but I don't expect many to go live until later tonight or tomorrow. It has a pressing out of 3500 so I cannot imagine it being horribly rare but the search continues!

Edited by goodvibes

Woke up at 6 to drive an hour and a half, 80 miles, to my favorite record store. Would've gotten up earlier, but I worked until midnight last night and was  already exhausted. Got there at 745ish which was later than I wanted and there was a pretty decent line. Finally got in at 10. The store had everything behind the counter, so employees had to grab them. I gave one my list, which they recommend. Just Thrice, Coheed, and not as important but Balance & Composure and Pearl Jam. Right before I went in I saw a Thrice label on the floor through the window, so I assumed that was a no go. But there was one copy of Coheed on the shelf so I was sorta content with that. The dude with my list kept pacing behind the counter like he had no idea where any of them were. Finally he reaches for Coheed only for another employee to grab it at the same time. The employee helping me lets go and starts saying there might be more somewhere else and I watch completely baffled as the other employee hands the final copy to the guy directly behind me. After another minute of awkwardly searching, he handed me a copy of Pearl Jam, saying that's all he has left, and went off to help someone else. Since I drove all the way out there I tried to enjoy myself and look through their other records, but I was too dumbfounded to actually concentration. The checkout was going to take another half hour and I could tell the Pearl Jam single would end up in the bargain bin, so I just walked out empty handed. What a waste of six hours and half a tank. All I got was a Snapchat of me flipping off a Dunkin Donuts cup with a Rangers logo.  Now I gotta go directly to work for the next 6 hours and I'm sure by the time I'm out it won't even be worth checking other stores.

Got the Distillers and Lil Uzi Vert (on a complete whim). And @biodigitaljazz is helping me out with Bangerz!!

Only thing I really wanted that I didn't get was Ike Reiko.

Edit: Just grabbed the Ike Reiko from Two Headed Dog. RSD success!

@RockPuppetz http://www.twoheadeddog.com/ike-reiko-you-baby-lp-cd/

Edited by erikness