Record Store Day 2017

9 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

Intentionally slept in, went to Vintage Vinyl at around 3 and picked up a few non RSD titles

I was looking for Gerard Way's single with the Allred comic, Danny Brown, and semi looking for the Big Thief 7", all of which were sold out but it was definitely fun to go and support my local for the first time in a little while

If anyone has any leads on that Gerard Way release it would be greatly appreciated 

How much was the Gerard Way going for in the US? My store had 3 copies but they were £36 (~$46). You'd find cheaper on discogs.

1 minute ago, Andthejets27 said:

Just out of curiosity, what did your shops charge for the Alice In Chains 7 inch? Mine charged 18 which seems incredibly high for a double 7 inch

I would have paid that no problem. Really bummed my store didn't get one. I really think it may be the shittiest record store ever.

Got Def Leppard,Miley,Sublime,Dennis Wilson,& Space Jam,& Offspring. Was hoping to get Coheed but i got there too late. Good thing I ordered that like a month ago but i was hoping to get it cheaper than $50 but oh well. Also was gonna get Marcy Playground & AIC but they were too overpriced @ my place so hopefully bullmoose will have those both on Mon morning.

1 minute ago, Sojourn said:

Yep Bull City had free burgers and Ponysaurus! 

As they do every year, Easy Street Records in Seattle had free (good) coffee and thick-cut bacon. They walk back through the line with both and wait patiently for people to grab some bacon and pour some coffee. Makes supporting them pretty much a no-brainer. :)

1 hour ago, ExtraFox said:

http://www.ccmusic.com/copper-blue-25th-anniversary-edition/5014797895669

The PAUL2050 code may work as I think someone said that there is no minimum purchase.

I still have the Cocteau Twins I bought for the board. There is interest, but no-one has 100% confirmed they are taking them.

This is marked as preorder now.  I must assume they won't be getting anymore. 

30 minutes ago, Skacel said:

How much was the Gerard Way going for in the US? My store had 3 copies but they were £36 (~$46). You'd find cheaper on discogs.

Damn that's a lot, all I wanted this year was that and Against Me but if it's that much I'll just keep hunting for Against Me. First year I've wanted almost nothing, it's a weird feeling to have slept in and not care much for the day, I did take advantage of online sales though

4 hours ago, mattcrandall said:

I saw it up here in Canada but it was $74.99.... I shit you not - someone has REALLY got to love the Pineapple Express soundtrack to shell that out.

That was the price in store? Like I really love Pineapple Express but even I wouldn't pay that. I think I paid $34.99 and I was like okay whatever it has Electric Avenue on it, it's worth it. Now just to track down Space Jam...

3 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Pretty much only looking for Sunny Day Real Estate.  Any help would be great.

I'm running to the store tomorrow to possibly grab a Marcy's Playground.  They had two copies of this as well, Shoot me your number via PM and I can text you if they have it. Most likely around noon or so. I will pass mine on as well in case you find it. 

Edited by ajhall04

1 minute ago, ajhall04 said:

I'm running to the store tomorrow to possibly grab a Marcy's Playground.  They had two copies of this as well, Shoot me your number via PM and I can text you if they have it. Most likely around noon or so. I will pass mine on as well in case you find it. 

Thanks so much man.  PM'ing you now.