Record Store Day 2017

1 minute ago, AdamJNovak said:

Really wish the store closest to me wasn't doing an auction for the signed Before the Flood release. I'd be willing to spend at most $200 for it, but it's going to go for bonkers price. They said they wouldn't start the auction till today or Monday.. 

lakeshore was selling copies on their website yesterday for $100... looks like it's sold out now though :(

19 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

There were tons here, may be able to help you out if they're still around on payday. 

Hay thanks man. Let me know and I can send you money.

19 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

There were tons here, may be able to help you out if they're still around on payday. 

Hey thanks man. Let me know and I can send you money.

Edited by thacriddler

RSD worked out for me very well overall. I was considering waking up early to try to get to the Harvard Square Newbury Comics, but my dog was being real snuggly (she does that when it's rainy/gloomy in the morning) so slept in a bit. Got to Harvard Square at 9, snagged a parking space literally in front of the door to the Garage, headed in. They had the SDRE record, but Coheed was gone. Those were my big two for the day. They had roughly one zillion copies of the Pearl Jam 7" so I snagged that as well since "State of Love and Trust" is low key my fave PJ song.

Got breakfast burritos at El Jefe's downstairs in the Garage (HIGHLY recommended if you're around at the appropriate time), went over to Armageddon. Not much to my interest there but I did get the Trans Am album which had slipped my mind as a thing that was happening. Right around this time some impromptu brunch plans happened with some friends (always down for saturday morning dranks), and I simultaneously remembered that the old Alewife Newbury Comics moved into the Galleria, which was on the way to the brunch spot. They had gotten two copies of the Coheed album and they were both still there - victory! Headed off to brunch real happy and made it better with bloody marys and cider.

Later in the day, checked VC, realized I had forgotten that there were R.L. Burnside, Sia, and Thrice releases. Headed to Newbury Street, got the Sia record along with the new Minus the Bear, and the Muna record which was surprisingly in the sale bin. Asked a staff dude about the Burnside record, he checked the other stores' stock in the system and two other stores had copies. Snagged a burger at Shake Shack and then went back to the Galleria and they still had it, hell yeah. Figured I wasn't gonna find the Thrice record at 8PM anywhere so I called it a day and went to do some repair work on my drums.

Ordered the Thrice 7" this morning from leftovers. Success kid meme.

Total loot:

Coheed

SDRE

R.L. Burnside

Trans Am

Sia

Pearl Jam

Thrice

Muna (non RSD)

Minus the Bear (non RSD)

20 minutes ago, curator said:

Just called and grabbed Sundays and Patti Smith from Monster, great service!

Here's another Discogs page with some titles (Sublime, Greg Graffin, Old 97's, Patti)

https://www.discogs.com/seller/robertstackarmy/profile

I just called. Looks like they are way too busy taking calls so they couldn't even check for me. Took my number and records I am looking for and will call me back. 

Edited by Dunc

10 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

Definitely wish I knew about it. Looks to be completely sold out... 

i stumbled upon it last night in the NIN thread and the site inventory said they had 9 remaining, but they very well could have just been selling an "open edition" for earth day. there's an auction online ending tomorrow, but there's no telling how high it'll go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Before-The-Flood-RSD-2017-Vinyl-3xLP-60-Trent-Reznor-Atticus-Ross-Autographed-/252890728948?hash=item3ae17649f4:g:qrMAAOSwHptY~Lc7

Edited by batman

Shit, they already called back and I got what I wanted. The closest record store to me is a Rasputin's an hour away. I got there with wife and daughter 1.5 hours before they opened. It was set up to where you walk in, pick one record then get back in line so we each got one. Their selection was crap. After a lot of net searching and hopefully bengans coming through I will have got everything I wanted but the number one on my list, the claypool Lennon delirium. I thought I got it from dimple last night but received an email after that they were actually sold out. 

1 minute ago, batman said:

i stumbled upon it last night in the NIN thread and the site inventory said they had 9 remaining, but they very well could have just been selling an "open edition" for earth day. there's an auction online ending tomorrow, but there's no telling how high it'll go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Before-The-Flood-RSD-2017-Vinyl-3xLP-60-Trent-Reznor-Atticus-Ross-Autographed-/252890728948?hash=item3ae17649f4:g:qrMAAOSwHptY~Lc7

Yeah, I saw this auction. A little bit sketched out by it. I know the guy has a decent rating, but I can't tell if this guy is a store owner or just a regular seller. I messaged him asking where he got it. 

7 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

I wad lucky enough to have seen the link in the NIN thread. For the $100, it was a no brainer.

7 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

I wad lucky enough to have seen the link in the NIN thread. For the $100, it was a no brainer.

1 minute ago, AdamJNovak said:

Yeah, I saw this auction. A little bit sketched out by it. I know the guy has a decent rating, but I can't tell if this guy is a store owner or just a regular seller. I messaged him asking where he got it. 

there are 2 more copies up for like $1500 and $2500 which is just stupid.

i asked graveface how much their copy went for in silent auction. $75. somebody got one hell of a good deal.

5 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

FYI on people hunting that Sundays

Accoridng to some on discogs, pressing is off center which is causing noise issues. No insert, jacket looks like a low res blowup. Overall this appears to be bare bones with issues so be cautious before paying an inflated price

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the label used a CD source too.  Will update when a copy is in hand though.

5 minutes ago, batman said:

there are 2 more copies up for like $1500 and $2500 which is just stupid.

i asked graveface how much their copy went for in silent auction. $75. somebody got one hell of a good deal.

Oh wow. Yeah, that's definitely an amazing deal. I'm super curious to know how much Amoeba got for it. I'm from Chicago and Shuga is the only one that has it. I offered a little over $100 (would be willing to go to $200), but they said they want to auction it off instead. 

I kind of feel bad how all the inventory that's being posted online today from shops is basically the same list of leftovers from store to store; both for the bands who are inevitably going to end up in the bargain bins and for the stores that are going to inevitably take a financial hit because of the RSD "no returns" policy.