Record Store Day 2017

3 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

Well you guys, it happened. Looked on Instagram one last time before giving the guy $235 for his wedding and low and behold Streetlight Records in Santa Cruz posted about it. Called them up and they're shipping it to me. I'll have my very own copy of Before the Flood signed by Trent and the boys!!!! $124.99 +shipping!!! 

Much better

9 hours ago, plucker said:

Does anyone else hate RSD too?  I just wanted to say that RSD for someone who lives in Canada (specifically Toronto) is a nightmare.  There are not enough good record stores and virtually none of them sell online.  I swear, the only record "store" in Canada that sells online is srcVinyl and Dine Alone.

So, the only other way to get RSD records is to go online to US retailers...but then there are high shipping costs and customs charges.   Why is USPS actually so expensive now?  USD$17 to ship 1 LP to Canada really kills any deal.  Also, a lot of the great US retailers don't even ship to Canada (e.g. Bull Moose, Amoeba, Turntable Lab--I think?)

You could also go to eBay or Discogs, but they're all flippers there AND you have to pay exorbitant shipping costs (except if the item is coming from Germany because Deutsche Post is awesome).  

For UK exclusives, you have to wait a whole week before they get to sell their leftover stock online.  By that time, you're likely not going to find what you're looking for and so you'll have to eventually turn to flippers on eBay and Discogs.  

I know RSD is meant to get you into a physical record store, but when you don't live near any or when they are spread out over a radius of 40km  in your city, it's difficult to make that journey with no guarantee that your store will even get any of the items you are looking for because they don't have an online presence and therefore, you can't find a list of the items they ordered.  Also, the highway that leads from suburbia to downtown to all the record stores was CLOSED on RSD weekend. T_T

It's like this every year.  Does anyone feel this way?  It's like all I do at this time of year is line flippers' pockets. Sorry, I just had to rant.

That said, has anyone seen that Smiths 7" anywhere?  There are 12000 copies of it, why does it sell for USD$100?   It's not even close to being rare!  Also looking for Cribs.  Anyone in Toronto seen these?

I would gladly trade you the US Record Store Day experience for universal healthcare. 

18 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

I would gladly trade you the US Record Store Day experience for universal healthcare. 

10 hours ago, plucker said:

Does anyone else hate RSD too?  I just wanted to say that RSD for someone who lives in Canada (specifically Toronto) is a nightmare.  There are not enough good record stores and virtually none of them sell online.  I swear, the only record "store" in Canada that sells online is srcVinyl and Dine Alone.

So, the only other way to get RSD records is to go online to US retailers...but then there are high shipping costs and customs charges.   Why is USPS actually so expensive now?  USD$17 to ship 1 LP to Canada really kills any deal.  Also, a lot of the great US retailers don't even ship to Canada (e.g. Bull Moose, Amoeba, Turntable Lab--I think?)

You could also go to eBay or Discogs, but they're all flippers there AND you have to pay exorbitant shipping costs (except if the item is coming from Germany because Deutsche Post is awesome).  

For UK exclusives, you have to wait a whole week before they get to sell their leftover stock online.  By that time, you're likely not going to find what you're looking for and so you'll have to eventually turn to flippers on eBay and Discogs.  

I know RSD is meant to get you into a physical record store, but when you don't live near any or when they are spread out over a radius of 40km  in your city, it's difficult to make that journey with no guarantee that your store will even get any of the items you are looking for because they don't have an online presence and therefore, you can't find a list of the items they ordered.  Also, the highway that leads from suburbia to downtown to all the record stores was CLOSED on RSD weekend. T_T

It's like this every year.  Does anyone feel this way?  It's like all I do at this time of year is line flippers' pockets. Sorry, I just had to rant.

That said, has anyone seen that Smiths 7" anywhere?  There are 12000 copies of it, why does it sell for USD$100?   It's not even close to being rare!  Also looking for Cribs.  Anyone in Toronto seen these?

There is only 2 stores in whole Russia who runs the RSD.

And they have only 10-12 releases each.

And shipping from US is about 20 USD for one record. 

From EU - 10 eur.

39 minutes ago, xen0m0rph said:

There is only 2 stores in whole Russia who runs the RSD.

And they have only 10-12 releases each.

And shipping from US is about 20 USD for one record. 

From EU - 10 eur.

In Soviet Russia, Record Store Day buys YOU.

This is a really dumb question, and I'm sorry if it's been answered and I welcome the shit posting, but can anyone confirm if the Asobi Seksu - Citrus record that's been reissued for this RSD has the original cover art or the new pink/white cover that's being advertised elsewhere? Did anyone pick this up? Might order from Bullmoose. I know it doesn't matter but I've had a soft spot for the OG cover for a very, very long time.

17 hours ago, bridley said:

Picked up a DMB boxset from Dead Dog Records here in Toronto yesterday and they had a few copies of MP left on the shelf. $49.99CAD I believe. They sometimes ship, look them up on facebook and get in touch - might be in luck.

Edit: also, since I'm posting in here anyway - where the hell do I find some good boxset outer sleeve in Toronto? Only need 2 and don't want to go in for a pack of many from online. Thanks in advance.

Hey man, I sure do appreciate this! 50 CAD probably equates into about $36 which is pretty decent! Unfortunately, I don't have a Facebook so I wouldn't be able to contact them :(

On 4/23/2017 at 1:13 PM, youspinmeround said:

FYI on people hunting that Sundays

Accoridng to some on discogs, pressing is off center which is causing noise issues. No insert, jacket looks like a low res blowup. Overall this appears to be bare bones with issues so be cautious before paying an inflated price

On 4/23/2017 at 1:36 PM, Kanye West said:

I had the Sundays in my hand at the store and it just felt cheap, from the jacket to the art to the 1LP (no gatefold) .. for $30 it was an EZ Pass

The Sundays LP was a bit off center, some IGD on both sides, and no insert.  It's relatively quiet which I was hoping for.  A small tick here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.  From the matrix etching, it looks like a United pressing from Nashville which don't always sound too great (from personal experience).  Mine came with a 1" seam split too which happened in transit.  The artwork is slightly blown up, but you really have to look close and I've seen much worse.  It's not worth $26 at all, but if you like the album and see it out in the wild, I'd pick it up.  I wouldn't pay crazy, inflated prices though.  Hope they give it a better vinyl treatment sometime in the future.

Thank you again for posting your leftovers on here @Monster Music & Movies

10 minutes ago, curator said:

The Sundays LP was a bit off center, some IGD on both sides, and no insert.  It's relatively quiet which I was hoping for.  A small tick here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.  From the matrix etching, it looks like a United pressing from Nashville which don't always sound too great (from personal experience).  Mine came with a 1" seam split too which happened in transit.  The artwork is slightly blown up, but you really have to look close and I've seen much worse.  It's not worth $26 at all, but if you like the album and see it out in the wild, I'd pick it up.  I wouldn't pay crazy, inflated prices though.  Hope they give it a better vinyl treatment sometime in the future.

I was thinking about picking this up,but it sounds like I should stick with my og copy

Edited by Pupples

8 hours ago, curator said:

Did anyone grab the Germs 7"?  It came with an insert to go here on 05/29 with a proof of purchase code.  It says 'remember to collect the set'... lower the price and I probably would have ;)

My local had it for $15.99 but they have a 20% off sale on RSD so I grabbed the only copy they had left. An old lady ended up putting it back on the shelf???

My dad grabbed it for me and I got about thirty shit looks while in line. Ended up finding all four variants throughout the day. For how much it is it does sound really good. I like the shirt they put up. I wonder what the code is about, though.

11 hours ago, curator said:

You're welcome.  Thanks for allowing us to.  We still have some items available on our webstore (http://monstermusicsc.com/Genre/694747).

BTW, from what I understand, the Sundays record had production delays and only some of them were pressed in time for RSD.  The rest are being shipped now - again, as I understand it - and will likely come back into the market shortly.

On 4/26/2017 at 11:18 AM, Dunc said:

On 4/26/2017 at 11:18 AM, Dunc said:

Adam, still waiting for mine to ship from Lakeshore. Did it come sealed with the signatures under the shrink? (That's  how Puscifer was with the MJK sig)

33 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

Got it in the mail and it's beautiful!!!