Record Store Day 2017

3 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Adam, still waiting for mine to ship from Lakeshore. Did it come sealed with the signatures under the shrink? (That's  how Puscifer was with the MJK sig)

The signatures are under shrink. It's sealed but more in like a plastic bag kind of thing rather than actual cellophane shrink wrap. Kind of hard to explain, it's almost like an envelope that has a sticky part to seal it, but it works. I would imagine they had to take off the cellophane to sign them and then they put these on in its place. 

12 minutes ago, ethereal said:

$100+ extra for signatures is the epitome of RSD; idc what they say about charity, ya'll still payed over $100 to have it signed. can't say I would do that for any artist (maybe deceased)

$60 extra for people that were able to get it on the Lakeshore site ($106 with shipping). $87 for the one I got because with shipping the total was $130. The record without the signatures is roughly $42. 

2 hours ago, jamesryantan said:

Anyone know why BOWPROMO is so expensive? Does it come with extras? As far as I can tell, it's a single LP with six songs, but its retail price was more than Cracked Actor's, a 3 LP box set.

serious response it came with several art prints, one side etched, it was a cash grab for sure

On 4/28/2017 at 6:36 AM, Monster Music & Movies said:

You're welcome.  Thanks for allowing us to.  We still have some items available on our webstore (http://monstermusicsc.com/Genre/694747).

BTW, from what I understand, the Sundays record had production delays and only some of them were pressed in time for RSD.  The rest are being shipped now - again, as I understand it - and will likely come back into the market shortly.

Has anyone heard anything additional about this?  Like so many others, my order for the Sundays was cancelled.  Just curious if I can look forward to a 2nd chance at grabbing this when the new wave begins to show up at stores.  The mention by Monster Music is the only thing I've heard so far. 

27 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

Has anyone heard anything additional about this?  Like so many others, my order for the Sundays was cancelled.  Just curious if I can look forward to a 2nd chance at grabbing this when the new wave begins to show up at stores.  The mention by Monster Music is the only thing I've heard so far. 

My store had 7 today.  So this sounds accurate.

Got the Chills 7" and the Sublime at a record store in St. Louis yesterday. The Sublime is awesome but only necessary for big fans. The Chills 7" is cool but the price tag is steep, the unreleased song from '81 is a bigger treat than the new song but its not awful. the SDF finally made it's way to me, after USPS fucking up and sending it across the country (shipped out on the 26th) really great for fans, these versions are awesome and different enough to merit listens. Deathwish still has some so grab it if on the fence

Got back in town yesterday and had a copy of the claypool Lennon delirium waiting for me. I avoided listening to the songs and was very happy with my purchase. I spent way too much on rsd purchases and got everything I wanted. The claypool Lennon is my favorite but the crushed Butler album is a close second.

2 hours ago, Dunc said:

I like it. It seems more like a promo for fingerprints though. It definitely makes me want to stop by there.

That's kind of what it was for. Maybe next year we will do a more RSD specific one. This was our first project so we were just happy to have something to do. Haha. Trying to get our foot in the door with Fingerprints for some fun stuff they do there. This Friday is an acoustic performance by Dreamcar. Hopefully they approve us for that.