Record Store Day 2017

On 5/7/2017 at 10:31 AM, Smellman said:

Did anyone else get a copy of the The Sword's Low Country that sounds terrible?

Four of the five reviews (including mine ) on Discogs describe the same surface noise issue.

I got one but haven't had a chance to spin it yet.  I'll check it out tonight and report back.  But those reviews aren't promising.

9 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

That's kind of what it was for. Maybe next year we will do a more RSD specific one. This was our first project so we were just happy to have something to do. Haha. Trying to get our foot in the door with Fingerprints for some fun stuff they do there. This Friday is an acoustic performance by Dreamcar. Hopefully they approve us for that. 

So it obviously is an awesome record store. 

3 hours ago, djghost1976 said:

I've never ordered from their store, but what does 'Used/Like New' but sealed mean?   Is that just covering them in case it comes dinged up?

it comes sealed; it just takes FOREVER to arrive, even with expedited shipping (2+ weeks). 

and it was $7 cheaper yesterday.  so there's that.

We have updated our remaining RSD inventory and in most cases dropped prices to their lowest allowable level:

http://monstermusicsc.com/Genre/694747

Also we failed to make y'all aware that local (Charleston, SC) band Jump Little Children, who had a fair amount of regional success in the 90's, pressed a limited run of their of their albums (Magazine, Between the Dim and the Dark, and Vertigo) on colored wax for Record Store Day, & we were the exclusive retailer for them.  We still have some, and you can pick them up at the same link as above.  

Thanks!

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

According to SRC, both of those Cure Comps are getting pressed on black 2LP. So that's exciting. I was interested in them, but not as picture discs. I try to limit my picture disc purchases

Not gonna lie, I let out a big "fuck yes" when I saw that email. I did not want those as picture discs at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I apologize for bumping this thread, but I figured this was the most fitting page for this post. Somewhere on VC (I think this thread actually) someone posted about Amazon UK having copies of the RSD version of Coheed's Good Apollo. Well I ordered a copy and long story short it got lost in transit somewhere. Until about a week ago it actually showed up, pretty much ruined. They packaged it in a really thin package and the cover is all sorts of banged up. I haven't had a chance to play the records, It might be playable still. At this point I think it should go to a true fan of the band, because worse case it could just be used for display purposes (yea yea I know, but it's better than nothing). Here are some pics, if your interested in working something out just feel free to message me. 

dp9yqtv.jpg

wHGgRsw.jpg

zWeLCQt.jpg

Edited by Gippej

7 hours ago, Gippej said:

I apologize for bumping this thread, but I figured this was the most fitting page for this post. Somewhere on VC (I think this thread actually) someone posted about Amazon UK having copies of the RSD version of Coheed's Good Apollo. Well I ordered a copy and long story short it got lost in transit somewhere. Until about a week ago it actually showed up, pretty much ruined. They packaged it in a really thin package and the cover is all sorts of banged up. I haven't had a chance to play the records, It might be playable still. At this point I think it should go to a true fan of the band, because worse case it could just be used for display purposes (yea yea I know, but it's better than nothing). Here are some pics, if your interested in working something out just feel free to message me. 

dp9yqtv.jpg

wHGgRsw.jpg

zWeLCQt.jpg

Tell Amazon to shove that up their ass and give you a refund. 

29 minutes ago, Gippej said:

I already did, so as long as they let me keep me it without charging me I'll go ahead and pass it along. I've already got a PM so I'll consider this done at this point.

They need to use something better than those stupid fucking "frustration free" mailers. It wouldn't take any effort to break or severely bend an LP in one of those things. 

4 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

They need to use something better than those stupid fucking "frustration free" mailers. It wouldn't take any effort to break or severely bend an LP in one of those things. 

I've never had a problem with them yet.  And as long as Amazon is willing to handle any problems (which they totally are) I'm cool with it.

9 hours ago, Gippej said:

dp9yqtv.jpg

wHGgRsw.jpg

zWeLCQt.jpg

Damn, son. You buried the lead though, in that they actually are the RSD version.

4 minutes ago, daegor said:

I've never had a problem with them yet.  And as long as Amazon is willing to handle any problems (which they totally are) I'm cool with it.

Right? They're actually one of the better mailers out there.

It was from Amazon UK, not a third party seller. I would have had no problem with one of those frustration free mailers, I haven't had an issue with those yet. This was just some other kind of basic package that couldn't handle all that transit time I guess. Nothing was better than when my brother had a record mailed to him with just a shipping label stuck to the record itself....lol