Record Store Day 2017

A RSD exclusive for Spoon - Hot Thoughts that includes two bonus tracks? Nice. 

And a Thrice 7"? Must be the b-side from TBEITBN

also interested in:

Ben Folds feat. West Australian Symphony Orchestra - Live In Perth

John Paul White / Donnie Fritts 7"

Edited by ejc625

8 minutes ago, daegor said:

It's the Euro list too, the US/Canada list will be a little different.

But Thrice and Dillinger 7"s have me in this year

I'm pretty sure it is the US list. 

Probably an "import" format as sold by US distributors to European stores.

Which explains the currency and higher prices.

I could be wrong, though.

3 minutes ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

I'm pretty sure it is the US list. 

Probably an "import" format as sold by US distributors to European stores.

Which explains the currency and higher prices.

I could be wrong, though.

Could be, but I doubt it, Euro stores don't get the US items.  A lot of the stuff of on the US list is also on the Euro list though.

For what its worth the username of the person who shared that list on reddit is the same as the username of the individual who leaked it here last year so make of that what you will when assessing its legitimacy. As others have correctly pointed out there will be things not listed here that make it to the final list.

I'm still out and I couldn't be happier about it as I've been cutting down this year.

6 hours ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

Just my two cents on this issue.

No one that replied is incorrect, but in my opinion it is more a matter of "controlling the narrative" than it is a desire to "get things right".

I can't remember a year that the list wasn't revised multiple times even after the official release.

The list is going to be a snapshot in time, no matter if it is released 3 months before RSD or 3 days before RSD. Of course it will be more accurate the closer you get to the actual day, but things are changing right up until the end due to both clerical errors and unforeseen circumstances.

RSD wants to control the release of this information so they can control the story.

They have worked hard all year (in many cases for several years) to bring these releases to fruition so they (deservedly) want to be the ones to reveal the fruits of their labor to the world.

If we divulge the whole list now then who is going to want to pay attention to their long-planned big reveal in a few weeks?

For me, the real question is, why wouldn't the folks who run RSD release the list to the public at the same time they release it to the stores?

One theory is that perhaps the folks at RSD want the stores to feel the pressure of having to make the relatively quick decision about which of these hundreds of titles they should carry, without the benefit of customer input.

No store wants to be the lame shop that didn't order enough copies of those one or two titles that people are willing to camp overnight for. So we might as well cast a wide net, right?

If the store was allowed to share the list with their customers and had adequate time to do so, many of the same criticisms about certain titles that surface in this thread would undoubtedly be voiced to store owners. 

In that world, all of these unsold ghosts of RSD past would be moldering in an RSD warehouse somewhere instead of haunting the racks at my shop.

Like I said, just my two cents.

Quoting this so it's on this page — very well written response, and 100% accurate too.