ethanpricington

Record Store Day 2017

731 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, necroking said:

anyone know if Aqua is a uk exclusive? thought it was releasing in the US but dont see it on the list.

Yeah, UK exclusive. I was going to get it for a friend's wedding present. Now I'll just have to hope it doesn't get flipped for an astronomical amount.

10 hours ago, neo_styles said:

Yeah, UK exclusive. I was going to get it for a friend's wedding present. Now I'll just have to hope it doesn't get flipped for an astronomical amount.

Banquet puts all their leftovers up the following weekend so there's a good chance you can get it without paying flipper prices.

11 hours ago, neo_styles said:

36 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Banquet puts all their leftovers up the following weekend so there's a good chance you can get it without paying flipper prices.

Not just Banquet - everyone. Good advice is to avoid Banquet if you can. Yes, they have a lot of stock, but the website grinds to a halt as soon as they go up and I believe (from experience) that they oversell and a lot of orders go unfulfilled. There will be a lot of other options for this - I strongly suspect it won't sell out.

BTW, for UK RSD regulars, Norman Records in Leeds are not allowed to particiapte this year as it's been deemed they aren't really a bricks and mortar store (which TBH is true). They hope to get some stock in for the online sales.

whoa likes this

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, marc32137 said:

They usually go up at midnight on the following Friday, so the time difference does work out quite well for the US, but as has been said the popular sites will crash (at about I min past). It's always worth registering for a notification with Banquet however as they do re-stock some items. I remember a couple of years ago I wanted a particular item and bought it on ebay, only to receive a notification email from them a  couple of days later.